Please say a prayer for my buddy...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I talked to Nathan as well as his wife yesterday. Their life has been flipped every which way but loose... My conversation with Renee was going fine until she talked about his motorcycle. Then the shit hit the fan and her tears started streaming... Since he's had seizures and is going to have brain surgery the chances of him riding again are slim. I told Renee to NEVER say WON'T or CAN'T to Nathan. If you tell him that he'll believe it and not try for it. She agreed... The Dr's believe the tumor is cancerous but not horribly so. (Not sure what that means) So Surgery on Monday and when he recovers from that Chemo will start. Nathan isn't himself right now. He's pulling out his catheter and IV's and being belligerent which isn't Nathan... He knows what's going on but then he doesn't understand it 100% like you and I would. He told me he wants to leave the hospital because the beds aren't comfy. I told him it's the best place for him to be right now and agreed that it sucks... (I've spent a week in a hospital and he remembers that)

Nathan is 34 years old. He just moved South for a better life, bought a new motorcycle to take advantage of the great roads and then this happens. I feel for him and his family.

One good piece of news to report and PROOF that there are still amazing people in this world.

Renee started her new job last Monday at a family medical practice. As you know most companies will offer you insurance after 90 days. So Monday Renee is of course in the hospital and did not call work because she didn't have the contact info in her phone yet. So she gets a call around 8 wondering where she is. She explains to them what happened. Later in the day she gets a phone call from them again telling her that if she wants, they have made arrangements to get her and her family on their insurance. Her premium will be 700 bucks a month and she has a 2500 deductible but her husband is going to have BRAIN SURGERY!

I am not sure what the name of this family practice is but I want to give them KUDOS for their amazing effort in getting the insurance for them.

Chris...is there anything we can do? I'd be happy to chip in on a fund for motorcycle mags or whatever you think might help keep his spirits up a bit during chemo and rehab.

thats a really good idea jayhawk. i'd definitely do that.

Yeah I'm not good at setting that stuff up... I would do a paypal account or something like that for him but I think the time involved in doing it wouldn't net me a pay off of any substantial amount. I'll just give them some money if they need it... LOL

He's a bit out of it so I don't know how much reading he's doing actually.

I sent a message to Renee to see if he can read.

Chris

chris let me know if he can read, and give me their address. i'll set it up

Life sucks sometimes Gunrunner... Sorry to hear about your mate...

Well his Creatine levels continue to increase. He's at the point now that if they don't go down before tomorrow they are hooking him up to dialysis. Ugh...

They can't get the tumor out until they get his vitals stable.

Hey Guys,

PLEASE sign in to www.caringbridge.com and use nathankazenske (as it's typed) to find the page and write him a little letter. PLEASE? Tell him you're from the VMF if you could.

You'll have to sign up.

Every little helps get his mind out of that damn hospital.

Chris

Ok guys, His kidney functions are leveling off somewhat. They're not great but they hope to see improvement over the next couple of days so that they can do the brain surgery on Monday. Any messages you can send him are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris.

This is the mantra we have been using with my sister. F-C-S

Your Faith will give you the Courage you will need to have the Strength push on.

Ok guys, His kidney functions are leveling off somewhat. They're not great but they hope to see improvement over the next couple of days so that they can do the brain surgery on Monday. Any messages you can send him are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, please keep us updated on how the surgery goes!

Richard

Surgery was pushed back a week or so. His kidneys are MUCH better now. I talked to him Sat night and he's Nathan again. He didn't remember talking to me Tuesday night at all. He really didn't remember anything other than Thursday on. His spirits are high and he's taking it one day at a time. They're hoping to send him home for a couple of days before his surgery to help him relax and feel a little more normal. Not sure if that will happen. He got my ice cream but he can't eat it due to a low sugar diet he's on. I talked to him mom as well on Saturday as he had to pee... lol She said that if someone is going to have a brain tumor that the right front lobe is the place to have it. OK that sounds bad but it's true I guess.

So that's really all I know but I'll fill you in as we go,
Chris

Surgery was pushed back a week or so. His kidneys are MUCH better now. I talked to him Sat night and he's Nathan again. He didn't remember talking to me Tuesday night at all. He really didn't remember anything other than Thursday on. His spirits are high and he's taking it one day at a time. They're hoping to send him home for a couple of days before his surgery to help him relax and feel a little more normal. Not sure if that will happen. He got my ice cream but he can't eat it due to a low sugar diet he's on. I talked to him mom as well on Saturday as he had to pee... lol She said that if someone is going to have a brain tumor that the right front lobe is the place to have it. OK that sounds bad but it's true I guess.

So that's really all I know but I'll fill you in as we go,
Chris

That's some nice positive news Chris!! Really glad he will be able to get home for a few days, it will do wonders for his already improving spirits!!

Too bad about the low sugar diet, but the ice cream will keep.....at least some of it prolly will!! :biglaugh:

That's some nice positive news Chris!! Really glad he will be able to get home for a few days, it will do wonders for his already improving spirits!!

Too bad about the low sugar diet, but the ice cream will keep.....at least some of it prolly will!! :biglaugh:

I told them to keep it under lock and key. I didn't spend that kind of money for others to it eat. Nathan and Renee only...

Cheers,
Chris

Yeah sorry... He had it last Wednesday and is now resting at home in relative comfort. They ended up taking a fist sized portion of his right front lobe. He's got some hostility/anger issues but they are hoping it's caused by the steroids he's on. Only time will tell.

I have not yet heard if it was cancerous and needs chemo or not.

Thanks for asking.
Chris

Things with Nathan are good. He's feeling pretty sorry for himself and believes the doctors screwed up and yada yada... He's got some real aggression/anger issues as well. Everyone's hoping it's roid rage from all the steroids they have him on. I texted his wife Renee yesterday and asked her how SHE was doing. She ended up calling me last night on the way home. She's having a hard go at it. She just wants her Nathan back she said. She likes when I call because he needs someone to talk to and vent at. Renee is getting tired of the constant complaining and has to tell him he's being mean because he doesn't realize it. It's pretty scary actually. I feel for her and told her to call me WHEN EVER she needed to vent on someone. They haven't yet heard what "stage" it is which sucks because it's been over a week now which... as you may guess.... aggravates Nathan.

Thanks all,
Chris

Back