possible V-Max owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc16

Reaction score
Hey! This is a great site. I am looking at a yellow '94 with 44k on it. It has a Corbin seat with a small windshield. The guy is asking 4200. I haven't rode it yet, but I know he lives an hour away from work and rides it 2 days a week. He is the second owner. He says the carbs have been rebuilt this year. I haven't asked about valve adjustments.

Is this too many miles on an original motor? How about the driveshaft and rear end? Suspension?

My last bike was a 84 Honda VF700S Sabre. It was a V4 with shaft drive. I am sure it had NO where near the power the V-Max has. I will primarily use it to cruise. I probalbly won't be too hard on her. It fits me really well when I sat on it.

Thanks in advance for your help !!!!

Hey! This is a great site. I am looking at a yellow '94 with 44k on it. It has a Corbin seat with a small windshield. The guy is asking 4200. I haven't rode it yet, but I know he lives an hour away from work and rides it 2 days a week. He is the second owner. He says the carbs have been rebuilt this year. I haven't asked about valve adjustments.

Is this too many miles on an original motor? How about the driveshaft and rear end? Suspension?

My last bike was a 84 Honda VF700S Sabre. It was a V4 with shaft drive. I am sure it had NO where near the power the V-Max has. I will primarily use it to cruise. I probalbly won't be too hard on her. It fits me really well when I sat on it.

Thanks in advance for your help !!!!
Mileage isn't too bad, alot depends on how he maintained it during those 44k miles. I know there a lot of Vmax's with a lot more miles on them than that, some with over 100k on them! Some of the others on here will chime in with their experiance on a the higher mileage Vmax's and what to look out for. I have a '92 with a little over 10k and look forward to a long life with her. IMO the Vmax is a owner hands-on bike which has areas you need to look after but is a very reliable bike and fun to boot.
I also owned a '84 VF700S Sabre and it was a good bike but I think you will find the Vmax a nice step up.:punk:

44k miles is not that much if it was maintained properly - my 96 had 112,000 miles when I sold it and only issue was second gear at 80k miles. Price wise, unless it is prestine condition, I would say he needs to come in price.

Mike

Thanks guys. I think I can get him to come down on price. I appreciate your advice and will gladly take more. I'm going to see if he'll let me test ride it this week.

I forgot to mention, I think it has a locking gas cap. Does the Max come that way stock? I would prefer a regular cap.

over 4000 dollars for a bike thats 15 years old not saying its nt worth it,,but its not worth it to me

Run a V Max "completed listings" search on eBay and check out the bikes that were listed but time has expired on their listings. You can see what they sold for, if they sold, or what the bid topped out at if they didn't sell.

Gives you a good idea of the value of these bikes in the marketplace.

danny

"yellow '94 with 44k on it. It has a Corbin seat with a small windshield. The guy is asking 4200"

Hello Possible VMAX owner

Welcome to the site.
To start, you wouldnt want to buy my VMAX with 44K miles on it.:rofl_200:
If you bought a VMAX from SS with 44K miles I would tell its not even broken in yet since he doesnt ever see anything over 50MPH.:rofl_200:
But $4200.00 is to much for a 94. The bike is 15 yrs old.
Here would be my asking price if the bike was in great condition meaning not perfect, but in great condition.

$3800.00 Ohh wait, since it has a Corbin seat deduct 500.00 so I would wave 33 Bennys in front of his face.

$3300.00 bottom line sale price.

I thought the seat was kind of odd with the flap for access to the gas tank. Is the stock seat a 2 piece ?

I thought the seat was kind of odd with the flap for access to the gas tank. Is the stock seat a 2 piece ?

Technically it's a 3 piece, with the piece you sit on, a center section that opens for access to the gas filler and the bitch seat.

Attachments

• sm+1999_yamaha_vmax+gas_cap_view.jpg
    sm+1999_yamaha_vmax+gas_cap_view.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 11
First, I must say THANKS to everyone for your time and advice. Second, I bought a 883 Sportster yesterday. Third, please don't shoot me. I know it's a tractor compared to a Ferrari, V-Max. But's it's been almost 10 yrs since I've road and I think this will work out good. Maybe number 2 bike will be a Max.
Thanks, Justin

Don't worry about gettting shot. It is too hard to shoot at something that is always behind you.

I was having some rough idle problems, tore my carbs down and found a 883 S'portster caught in the # 3 carb idle circuit!!

Popped it out with a screwdriver.............she runs great now!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

First, I must say THANKS to everyone for your time and advice. Second, I bought a 883 Sportster yesterday. Third, please don't shoot me. I know it's a tractor compared to a Ferrari, V-Max. But's it's been almost 10 yrs since I've road and I think this will work out good. Maybe number 2 bike will be a Max.
Thanks, Justin

A Sportster :bicycle:

LMAO! I was just comparing the performance of my 150CC chinese scooter and a Sportster. My scooter is faster!

Sportster has 2 seats..... The Bitch Seat and the Bitchette Seat

Back