progressive 440 shocks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have gone ahead and placed a bid on Ebay for a set of shocks also, with Deal Monger. I offered him $150 for a set of 440-4207C shocks. He accepted the deal. Add in $15 for shipping. I should have them this week.

I just received mine today - very well packaged and they arrived within a week - no surprises with this seller - I'm one happy camper - Thanks again Chris for the heads up on this one!

Mike

Thanks all for the heads up on this. I got a set of 12.5's from Deal Monger too. Won the bid on a Saturday and they were sitting on my porch on Wednesday evening. Got some time before I'll be able to try em out though. At least 6 weeks I'd guess.

Any one else get theirs fitted and put some miles on em? Just looking to hear a ride report. Hopefully its money well spent.

Only have 1 question, Who is this dealmonger and how do I get
ahead of him ?
Chris

Only have 1 question, Who is this dealmonger and how do I get
ahead of him ?
Chris
That is his username on eBay.
Search for Progressive 440 and you will find him.

I also got in on the 12.5"
They were to my door very fast. It will be a number of weeks before I get a chance to ride. But, I just finished installing the Progressive 1" lower fork spring set up. I am excited to try it all out.

Found him,
He has some 12.5's asking price $339. Might offer him $150 like
a few here have done. Gotta butter up the wife she wants a stinking
vacuum!:bang head:

Chris

I just bought a new pair of 440's on ebay, guy had a buy it now price of $339 and i offered him $175 and he took it. I think it was a place called deal monger.

My bike has front lowered 1" and racetech springs. If I get a set of the 440's would 1/2 " shorter be good? Would I need HD or standard springs. I am 250lbs and ride alons and roads here can be rough. What is stock length? I think I would like to lower the rear a bit but dont want to make it a buckboard ride.

Thanks
Jim

Well, I finally got the Max out last night with the new 12.5" 440's. They are a fantastic set of shocks. I am still playing with the settings. I think two turns in seems best for me at 200lbs without gear.

I also installed the 1" lower progressive front springs over the winter.

I am happy that the swap was worth it.

Scored a set of 440's for $136.92 on e-bay ! Supposedly only
have 500 mile son them, they look good in the pic hope they
live up to the add. Called the guy and he was kinda flakey but
has a bunch of Vmax parts. Said he bought 5 Vmaxes recently
and a ton of parts to sell. I e-mailed him for pics and part #'s
available. If he sends them to me I'll get you guys an e-mail
address if you need anything.
Chris

Latest posts

Back