Pulled the trigger.. '07 Vmax coming my way!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemini8026

Reaction score
So after TONS of emails and shopping, I found a guy with an '07 Vmax.....

It has 700 miles on it, and I paid 7000$ usd for it (i converted, im Canadian)

In mint/like new shape! The guy has a MORLEY MUSCLE SEAT (is including the original), and he is also including a forward control set for some highway cruising.

Im very excited. It was more then I expected I would spend, but when the deal presented itself, I felt it was really good, and even if I dont like the bike, I could sell and wouldnt lose much!!!

5463197_20.jpeg

3251m7k_20.jpeg

12563b6_20.jpeg

Due to paying so much, I might have to mod it slowly to my tastes.

Firs thing, I want a windshield. One that isnt overly big, but decent enuf for some highway travel. Any recommends?!?!?!?

Next will be some jetting/exhaust (still researching that)

p.s - check out the house in the background of pic 2. When I saw that, I figured I would REALLY low ball him :D

It`s a beautiful machine bro and, only 700 miles ?
You got a killer deal , I paid $5,000.00 for mine with 16,000 miles on it .
That motor is just a baby so ride it easy for a while and those forward controls look nice too(something I would like to have).
Be cool and have fun with it but remember to keep the rubber side down LOL. <<Dave>>

p.s - check out the house in the background of pic 2. When I saw that, I figured I would REALLY low ball him :D

haha.. very nice. looks absolutely mint!

as far as a windshield, are you looking bigger than the oem instrument cowl?

Looks sweet - it's like a brand new bike!

For windshields, I used to have a SlipStreamer Spitfire - you can see it in the pictures in my album (click on my name, then select album). Only cost about US$60 new, wasn't too big and looked good, provided plenty of protection on the highway, but was a little too noisy for me (too narrow at the top) so I went bigger and got the SlipStreamer Hellfire instead.

I also have one of those straight (I think it's a Yamaha accessory) windshields up for sale - it's off an '85 so a little older, the chrome bars could do with a good polish or a coat of paint, and the bolts need replacing if you want them to look good (heads are rusty), but I'll let it go for cheap so you could try it out. It attaches to the fork clamp bolts of the top triple-tree. See the pictures.

Attachments

• P1040940.jpg
    P1040940.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 9
  • P1040942.jpg
    P1040942.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 5
  • P1040944.jpg
    P1040944.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P1040947.jpg
    P1040947.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 5
  • P1040948.jpg
    P1040948.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 5
  • P1040951.jpg
    P1040951.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll go with a Spitfire!

Im not sure which one to go for. I wanna maintain a good look, but I also live in Saskatchewan Canada. LOTS of bugs, LOTS of Wind, Lots of dust/flying debris/rocks!!

Thats why I hate my Z1000 on the highway, it's like a full frontal assault!

Likely a Spitfire, they seem to be popular!

Where in Sask are you? I bought mine from Reed Leisure in Regina for under $100. It is like a Spitfire but is made by Road Chrome. Very stable at high speeds and great wind coverage. Best thing is it comes off in about 20 seconds if you are just booting around town.

Congrats on the new VMax!! :punk::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll go with a Spitfire!

Im not sure which one to go for. I wanna maintain a good look, but I also live in Saskatchewan Canada. LOTS of bugs, LOTS of Wind, Lots of dust/flying debris/rocks!!

Thats why I hate my Z1000 on the highway, it's like a full frontal assault!

Likely a Spitfire, they seem to be popular!

i'd recommend just something thats easy to remove being the first option. I used a windsheild on my old '94, but hated it on there, thought it took away from the looks of the max. left it on only when it was really cold or windy or roads were under construction...

The Spitfire comes off in seconds - two finger bolts and it's off. You can leave the clamps on the handlebars, they're very inconspicuous.

I got mine from www.cyclestuffusa.com it was US $51.99 inc free shipping!

*unfortunately it seems cyclestuffusa is no longer an active webshop..*

Last edited:
Back