Purpose of Carb stacks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcoop99

Reaction score
I like how the chrome/polished ones look but don't know their exact function (if any). Can someone help me here? Thanks!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Function = Wow Factor (no specific function other then that). I have a few sets on hand (not sure if I have a chromed set on hand at the moment).

Sean

They look fast and hold water. In fact if you put a pinch of miracle grow and a pot seed in them, it act as the perfect incubator to grow seedlings. Of course they must be transplanted when they get to about six inches. I mean come on, get serious, who is gonna ride around with two foot tall pot plants growing out the sides of their Vmax.

They look fast and hold water. In fact if you put a pinch of miracle grow and a pot seed in them, it act as the perfect incubator to grow seedlings. Of course they must be transplanted when they get to about six inches. I mean come on, get serious, who is gonna ride around with two foot tall pot plants growing out the sides of their Vmax.

Yea! It just looks any other non running Harley sitting around....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The people in Washington & Colorado thats who.:rofl_200:LaughingMyAssOff:rofl_200:

I like the looks of the stacks but realize they are useless bling. I'm glad everyone knows I was just being funny. I have too much polish, billet, chrome and powdercoat to be pointing fingers, thats for sure!
I always loved those crazy staggered intakes runners on 60s drag cars. What were they, Hilborn injector set ups ?

I like the looks of the stacks but realize they are useless bling. I'm glad everyone knows I was just being funny. I have too much polish, billet, chrome and powdercoat to be pointing fingers, thats for sure!
I always loved those crazy staggered intakes runners on 60s drag cars. What were they, Hilborn injector set ups ?

Cross ram intakes!!! :) I'm a minimalist and I love the way my bike looks without all the bling and just enough chrome to make it stand out...

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352856150405.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352856150405.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 63
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352856174468.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352856174468.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
I like how the chrome/polished ones look but don't know their exact function (if any). Can someone help me here? Thanks!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Yes they have a Wow factor and they do look pretty, but there is another function they provide. It is a little known secret that the carb stacks act as heat sinks and are cooled by the passing air. This in turn cools the carbs and hence you get a denser fuel charge. This results in more horsepower! Ahhh, I can't leave this like this without feeling guilty. But I did type this with a straight face. They only provide an "all show and no go factor". :rofl_200:

Todd

Mine are fully functional, I love the way my flatsides look, sound and run. Never understood why you'd put fake ones on. But, to each his own.

Great way to lighten the mood here I guess! LOL! Thanks for the laugh guys! I guess I would like a close up shot of them on the bike. I can't seem to wrap my head around them. The only reason I feel that way is because of johnpclynch and Custom Max post showing them going right into the top of the carb. Do the ones for show just have a cap at the bottom of them? I'm REALLY not this dumb guys!! :) I guess my question was answered in the fact that they are primarily just for show (which is what I want). Thanks for the responses!

so just to be clear, you are talking about these right?

156-v-stax-other-views.gif

if so, you just bolt them over the carb's diaphragm cover. here is what a blingy set looks like out of the box
OTEC-clear-carb-covers.jpg

Who sells the bling sets? I have been seeing them around on photos on the Internet but have never seen them for sale anywhere who sells them?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Great way to lighten the mood here I guess! LOL! Thanks for the laugh guys! I guess I would like a close up shot of them on the bike. I can't seem to wrap my head around them. The only reason I feel that way is because of johnpclynch and Custom Max post showing them going right into the top of the carb. Do the ones for show just have a cap at the bottom of them? I'm REALLY not this dumb guys!! :) I guess my question was answered in the fact that they are primarily just for show (which is what I want). Thanks for the responses![/QUO

Here is a quick picture of the non-functional carb stacks Mr. Morley offers. You will need longer screws (16mm long) to mount these. A good time to go with stainless steel hardware. There are carb screens to go in the carb stacks as well for a more realistic functional look.

Todd

Attachments

• 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
PERFECT! I just didn't understand how they bolted on. Since they just bolt right OVER the diaphram cover....I WANT THEM!!:thumbs up:

Ours go over the cover and the exactrep replaces the stock cover. I do sell the chrome screws as an option with the covers too.

Sean

Back