Push-button switch on underside of clutch master cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Good morning, folks:

There's an electronic piece that screws onto the underside of the clutch master cylinder. The button/rod on it is compressed/ decompressed by the actions of the clutch lever.

First of all, what does it do? (I understand it's a safety feature involved in preventing "unsafe" starts.)

Is there a way to remove this little thing entirely and modify the wiring so that I can entirely remove this feature?

(The reason I ask is because I'm using a YZF750 clutch master cylinder with a totally different unit with a different wiring configuration.)

Thanks very much.

Elimax

You can remove it anytime but you won't be able to start it in any gear except neutral. If you connect the two wires together you will bypass that feature but if the clutch isn't pulled in and you hit the button the bike will still try to start and maybe push you off the sidestand.

Sean

if you are using a new clutch master cylinder, you should be able to wire it into the new switch.

Sadly, my electric knowledge STINKS! I wish I knew how to modify switch to work, but I don't.

Elimax

Get the right switch for your new master and then run one wire to one side and one to the other. Doesn't matter which one to which side.

Sean

most switches you can just plug it right in. might be a bit looser or tighter.

the FJR ones are inlayed so i had to cut it away. my connector is kidn of shitty but it works for now until i find a cheap FJR wiring harness to hack apart.

take a picture of what u have we'll direct you. Seans right though, just connect it up, its just an on/off switch.

Back