QUESTION: Are body panels same for '90 and '07 maxes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek_Law

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a newer max, and then taking all my body panels and moving them over to the new bike, and moving the stock panels from the new bike to my old bike, then selling it.

Does that make any sense? I want to swap all the cosmetics of my '90 max to an '07 max.

This is a weird question, but nonetheless, does anybody know if this is, or is not, possible? Are any of the body panels, fenders, etc., different over the years?

Any input is appreciated. The reason I would do this is to take advantage of a newer bike's internals and various bits, but at the same time, keep my cool looking paint job and other various bits.

IMAG0011.jpg

Man, that's some wild stuff....:biglaugh: It's possible from 1985 through 2007...

Sweet! Thanks guys. I'll let you know if I actually pull this off. There is an '07 for sale right now ... But I'd much rather wait until after the summer to try this since I am only now riding this bike again.

The risk being, of course, that the opportunity passes me by.

We will see.

Go for it ! It will only take you about an hour or so to change all the panels & you will be back up & riding again.

Good point. I took all the panels off to paint mine a couple of years ago. It was shockingly easy compared to other bikes. You know, just nuts, bolts, and a couple of screws. Quite different from the cursed plastic rivets, tension clips, and seemingly impossible to reach bolts on modern bikes.

Hmmm ... now just how do I pitch this to my wife. It all sounds so logical in my head.

Tell her, you'll be much safer on a newer bike. Lie a little about all the factory mods over the years being for safety of the rider AND PASSENGER....:rofl_200::biglaugh:

Best of Luck,

Back