Real gas Ethanol free

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our marina used to have pure gas, got it through a Canadian supplier. Then I guess some laws changed and the supplier wasn't allowed to truck it across the border anymore, so we had to switch to a local distributor that has the usual e10.

Following year, we did around 3x as many carb jobs in the spring as the year before when all the boats got filled with e0.

For any given engine, running on e10 will produce around 3% less power (and use 3% more fuel) than if it was on e0.

So on a vmax, figure it costs you around 3-4hp at the tire. Not sure that's a difference you could really feel on the butt dyno, but annoying nonetheless.

good info...only 10 miles away:biglaugh:....ill try me a tank -o-that.

After months of using the E10 crap here in Missouri, a trip down to Arkansas for riding, and the subsequent fill of 100% dino available there, is like getting a free tune up. It runs that much better - noticably.

I noticed a Cenex co-op listed near me. I will note that the gas on base here the reg 87 and premium 91 are ethanol free, but the midgrade 89 is 10% ethanol.

Marina about 15 miles from me gets my business twice a month. I buy 2 - 5 gallon containers of non-ethanol and sometimes mix it 50/50 with 10 % E to make it last longer for all my carbed toys. Noticeably keep the carbs from gumming up as quick and gives a better performance seat of the pants feel as well. It is about 15 -25 cents higher than regular though , and 90 octane rated.

What ever happened to the saying " If it ain't broke , don't fix it "...as with anything in this country , follow the money...:damn angry:

Only 5 stations listed in California.:damn angry: Freakin left wing Calif!! It makes me sick.
If it wasn't for year round riding I'd clear out.
Z

Ethanol snuck up on me when it first became the standard fuel available. I had the 94 at the time. It started running like crap and if it weren't for figuring that out, I'd have had a Vmax with lots of 45 acp holes in it. Probably under a bush in the back yard. It took about a year to get everything back to normal.

Ethanol Sucks and I haven't used it in years. It costs more to manufacture, creates different types of pollution, makes engines more inefficient and in some cases destroys them.

We have an older gentleman here who sends trucks and drivers to the Georgia to bring Non Ethanol back. As long as he's alive I'm safe.....

Incomplete list for Alaska, although it should be pretty easy. We don't use the ethanol. They had it here in Fairbanks many years ago, I want to say about 20 something.

But interior Alaska is the only place that will go from 90 degree summer day to -60's in the winter. The inversions and the ethanol don't mix. So they shit canned it.
They were calling it "Oxyfuel" back then, when they were singing its praises. It didn't take long for vehicles and equipment to break down because of it.

I found a Clark station not far from me that sells ALL its "preimuim" Gas as non enthol, I filled up may tank and drove my "normal" 120 miles before filling up again. I filled to the rim and it took 2.596 gal. I normally need 3 gal, so it would appear I got a bit better mileage. As far as more power? well I did eat a GSX 1100 for lunch in a 40mph roll on (from 40 mph) but I would do that if I was running on E85. Guys that ride crouch rockets should learn their bikes strengths. A top gear roll on against a V-max is not going to be a winning deal. (if we had gone in 3rd, he most likely would have dusted me)

I found a Clark station not far from me that sells ALL its "preimuim" Gas as non enthol, I filled up may tank and drove my "normal" 120 miles before filling up again. I filled to the rim and it took 2.596 gal. I normally need 3 gal, so it would appear I got a bit better mileage. As far as more power? well I did eat a GSX 1100 for lunch in a 40mph roll on (from 40 mph) but I would do that if I was running on E85. Guys that ride crouch rockets should learn their bikes strengths. A top gear roll on against a V-max is not going to be a winning deal. (if we had gone in 3rd, he most likely would have dusted me)

46.22mpg? Man! My bike wants some of what your bike is havin'...that's great mpg avg right there.

Most of the places in the program that were around me were Marinas. They want stupid high prices for their gas- like $7/gal for one. The Clark station simply had all premium gas ethanol free , and about $.30 a Gal higher then I pay close to my house. I'm not sure I saved enough gas to offset the difference in price, but I will sure fill up there before putting her away for the winter.

Lets see... 3 gal of 10% gas @4.09.9= $12.30 for 120 miles
2.9gal of pure gas @4.39.9= $12.73 for 120 miles

not a big deal-but I think better for the bike.

Back