• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Really nice max but needs TLC

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikenj

Reaction score
Got a life changing event and need to sell. Body work is MINT. Not running at this time 3k takes all. Been sitting a few years. zip is 08833 NJ

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 199
  • vmax2.jpg
    vmax2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 182
  • vmax3.jpg
    vmax3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 172
Getting it running is what you probably will need to do to get $3K out of it. I see the saddle, backrest/rack, 4/1, crash guards. You might make more $ by replacing those & selling the pieces apart from the bike, and the bike at a lower price.

I'm sure anyone on here wants more info on why it's not operational. The bike looks clean, if it only needs a carb cleaning & a battery, well, to get your $ out of it, you may have to spend that.

Last edited:
Mileage?
Modifications?
History before sitting for a few years?
Number of owners?
Repairs?
Corbin seat, case guards and OEM sport rack included? They were for sale in your other post.

Its around 10.5k miles.......has stg. 7 kit and sudco exhaust. pretty sure 3 owners, got it from my friend thinking I'd use it but I now need to sell. Its been sitting for at least 5 years. I will include all acc. have stock seat too.

Maybe I can make myself get it running............

Its around 10.5k miles.......has stg. 7 kit and sudco exhaust. pretty sure 3 owners, got it from my friend thinking I'd use it but I now need to sell. Its been sitting for at least 5 years. I will include all acc. have stock seat too.

What does it need to get it running?

The thing that I find interesting about the bodywork, thats 05 bodywork, just doesnt have the 20th anniversary badge on it. Thats 1 year only, and you CANNOT buy the decal from Yamaha.

The thing that I find interesting about the bodywork, thats 05 bodywork, just doesnt have the 20th anniversary badge on it. Thats 1 year only, and you CANNOT buy the decal from Yamaha.

I caught that as well.

I'll buy it if the price is anywhere near half what he initially asked :eusa_dance: (seriously, I will...)

Well, seeing all the lurkers on the thread, there's a lot of interest in this, it's got some good accessories, it doesn't look like it's a 'flood bike' or sat outside for 15 years and is now for sale needing "a bit of polishing to get it running," or whatever else sellers try to stir-up interest in their bikes by doing. Bottom-line, as I said in my original post, price it reasonably, replace the accessories which would bring $$, separately, and you really do need it running to get a decent price out of it.

If Sean and TX SS Whirlwind are both eyeing it, there's something there...just too-gol-durn pricey for what it is, as-is.

DO you own a 1997? Your profile says 1997 RED and this you say is a 2005? Looking at this bike, the engine casing is glossy black and that year the engine is flat black color? What am I missing here? Also the side case inserts have the silver/gold color which that year didnt have either I believe. The wheels on a 2005 were black with red stripping which this bike has silver? So what is the actual year of this bike? Lastly, the turn signals arent the clear ones of that year either. Im thinking perhaps this is a 1997 instead with modifications.

DO you own a 1997? Your profile says 1997 RED and this you say is a 2005? Looking at this bike, the engine casing is glossy black and that year the engine is flat black color? What am I missing here? Also the side case inserts have the silver/gold color which that year didnt have either I believe. The wheels on a 2005 were black with red stripping which this bike has silver? So what is the actual year of this bike? Lastly, the turn signals arent the clear ones of that year either. Im thinking perhaps this is a 1997 instead with modifications.

I didn't see where the OP mentioned it being a '05.

Sure doesn't look like one, as you noted. Don't forget about the fork lowers, triple tree, shock springs, and side covers are all supposed to be black too.

I didn't see where the OP mentioned it being a '05.

Sure doesn't look like one, as you noted. Don't forget about the fork lowers, triple tree, shock springs, and side covers are all supposed to be black too.

What I had noted was that the BODYWORK, looked like an 05, because the decal flames are on 05,06, 07, with the 05 tanks being red.

I have a 1997 in silver; the side covers and scoops had flat black on the lower half sections. The fork legs and wheels are gloss black.

I sure would like to know the story behind the bike. Already messaged with no reply to date. Is it just fixed to their liking or a salvage title?

Waiting to hear back.....

Looks to be a combo of different years, not sayin' it isn't a good bike, it probly is....just got parts from various model years.

Looks to me like the valve covers have the gold tint. My 1993 has that. What years had the gold tint?

This guy
ClickHandler.ashx

found this woman
ClickHandler.ashx

after this man
ClickHandler.ashx

was exposed cheating at gin rummy at the Fontainebleau, Miami Beach.

Gold, what is it about it?

Better use flat black on all your gold parts, just to be safe, and to minimize the chances Mr. Auric ______ doesn't take an intense dislike to you.

My '92 came w/the gold 'mist' on the parts too. I didn't mind it.

Back