rear brakes dragging

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bro.betterley

Reaction score
My rear brake is dragging from your experience do you think its the brake line or should i rebuild the caliber ?

Has any one done a rebuild, is it pretty easy, how much is the kit?

My rear brake is dragging from your experience do you think its the brake line or should i rebuild the caliber ?

Has any one done a rebuild, is it pretty easy, how much is the kit?

The easiest thing to try first that usually works.........

Take off the caliper in question, remove the pads and push the pistons back in either by hand if possible or use a C-clamp. Take a piece of plywood or two about the thickness of your rotor and pads combined and place it between the pistons and use the brake lever or pedal to push the pistons back out. Do this several times to attempt to loosen the pistons up. A lot of times their just a little gummed up. This usually works for me.

If this doesn't work you may have to resort to rebuilding but it's worth trying first. Report back here on how you made out.

how old is the fluid too? flushing shouldn't take long and something to try. altho u may have to rebuild.

if its a 1992 it may be time...

how bad is it draggin?

DO NOT push the pistons back in until you completly clean them with some non chlorinated brake clean and a tooth brush. You will do more damage than good. Most issues are due to dirty pistons that stick. Just do as I stated and you'll be golden.

If the fluid hasn't been changed since 1992 it WAY past time. I do mine yearly!!!!

A lot of times I will actually take the pads out and pump the brake to get the pistons out further but first I put a spacer in between them so they don't contact each other. Remember you have to push them back in so that space is VERY important. Clean till beautiful and try it out.

Bleeding the system isn't a bad idea as well.

Chris

and make sure to flush the system with new fluid .
I don`t mess around with brakes, and I don`t care how much time it takes to do it `cause NO TIME is a good time for failing brakes.:bang head::bang head::bang head:
Just my 2 cents.let us know what happens.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back