Rear fender kit and turn signals: HELP!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricko101

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm desperately looking to eliminate the "extention" in the rear fender which hosts the license plate and the turn signals, but I don't want the plate hanging out above the tire like in most kits I see around.

Also, once I eliminate the original turn signals on the back, I want to install some nice clear ones, and change them in the front with a matching pair.

Any ideas on where I mount the plate ?

The goal is to have a nice clean look such as the picture below.

Attachments

• vmax.custom.performance.side.view.jpg
    vmax.custom.performance.side.view.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 41
That's awesome...

However, I don't want the license plate under the fender. I'm thinking on putting it on the right side of the rim somehow...

Attachments

• 2009%202010%202011%20YAMAHA%20VMAX%20FENDER%20ELIMINATOR-500x500.jpg
    2009%202010%202011%20YAMAHA%20VMAX%20FENDER%20ELIMINATOR-500x500.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Plate1-3e7ad34d8b833e75346d3410c91aaee1.jpg
    Plate1-3e7ad34d8b833e75346d3410c91aaee1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 21
Yes, I've seen that one. I may have no choice in putting the plate under the fender, as I cannot see how or where else to place it.

I found some nice options at planet Vmax for the turn signals, both front and back, but I've read some not so good reviews from some member of this forum... can't find the thread any longer. Has any of you dealt with them ?

Thanks

I found some nice options at planet Vmax for the turn signals, both front and back, but I've read some not so good reviews from some member of this forum... can't find the thread any longer. Has any of you dealt with them ?

Thanks

I haven't. Some members have had great results with him and others, not so much.
He pulled some shit here a while back, in what appeared to be using another's account. (IP adress showed his location which is in a different area from the user's) that ,coupled with the bad reviews was enough not to get my business.

But like I said, I don't have a dog in this hunt. Some others will chime in to give you more info.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find the thread again. If I remember correctly, it had to do with expensive performance parts. Nevertheless, I'll keep searching...

I like the clean look too.Do a search on motorcycle axle plate holders and you may find something you like. Good luck!
Mike

Hey Guys,

I'm desperately looking to eliminate the "extention" in the rear fender which hosts the license plate and the turn signals, but I don't want the plate hanging out above the tire like in most kits I see around.

Also, once I eliminate the original turn signals on the back, I want to install some nice clear ones, and change them in the front with a matching pair.

Any ideas on where I mount the plate ?

The goal is to have a nice clean look such as the picture below.
Check this one out!!

http://www.customdynamics.com/roto_plate_license_plate_mount.htm

Now, that's awesome !!! And you can order it black coated too !!!
I'll call them to see if it will fit.

Thanks for the find!

Latest posts

Back