Rear rotor upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxnewfie

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of used EBC wave front rotors. Anyone know where or what kind of rotor to get on the rear to match the wave front rotors?

I have an 07, bought an adapter from Sean, and run a wavy rotor on the rear.....just like I do on the front.

So I would say try to find another EBC, and put it on the rear.

The wavy one that I run on the rear is the EXACT same that I run on the front. I bought 3 from the vendor.

Last edited:
I run the EBC rotors front and EBC rear. The rear is similar to stock but vented. I don't think they make a wave rotor for rear yet. That means you will be looking at somewhat mismatch. You will have to find something similar that you will be happy with to get it close. Try Sean. This is one reason why he uses Galfer. I am happy with the EBC rear. It is heavier and doesn't like full sintered. They make a semi sintered or use organic with them. Good luck

i think i have one good used ebc rear though the pattern is different then the fronts

I just picked up a set of used EBC wave front rotors. Anyone know where or what kind of rotor to get on the rear to match the wave front rotors?

I have an extra full size wavy rotor but you'll need an adapter to get it to fit the rear. It's one of those chineese ones (which are suprisingly good).
Let me know if you want it and we can work something out.

Dale

After looking at pics in the gallery, it seems most of you with wave front rotors have the round rear rotor with the matching vent slots, so I ordered a Pro Factory one that looks the same. I hope the bolts don't give me any grief trying to get them out.

Well I have three rotors that are the same. Here's pics of my rear on an RC wheel. I had the same rotor on my stock wheel. I have used an impact to change the rotors with no issues.

Attachments

• P1000110.jpg
    P1000110.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 80
  • P1000111.jpg
    P1000111.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Well I have three rotors that are the same. Here's pics of my rear on an RC wheel. I had the same rotor on my stock wheel. I have used an impact to change the rotors with no issues.

That looks great on the larger wheel! I thought about doing that, but thought it would look a bit too big on a stock rear wheel. I'm also trying to do it on a small budget. Wife said I spent too much $$$ on the bike last year.

I believe it will, because I run 3 rotors all the same size, if you look at my pics, there is a small black bracket that I bought from Sean, (didnt cost much at all) and it moves the caliper out about an inch to allow you to run a bigger rotor in the rear.

Attachments

• P1000110.jpg
    P1000110.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 48
That looks great on the larger wheel! I thought about doing that, but thought it would look a bit too big on a stock rear wheel. I'm also trying to do it on a small budget. Wife said I spent too much $$$ on the bike last year.
I did it on a stock wheel, it's a 298mm rotor from China. I've attached a picture below:

Attachments

• IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 72
What size is the stock rear rotor? I think a stock front might fit on my 17" rear wheel.

It will....but with a 5.5 " wheel the caliper just barely goes on. I haven't tried taking it off yet but I know it''ll be real easy to scratch up your wheel doing so.

Dale

Back