Rear shock mods?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi all:

Any of ya have the ability to modify the shocks from a Kawasaki ZRX1200 so that the ends would fit on the shock mounting studs on a Max?

The shocks are similar to the stock Max's, just with slightly smaller entry hole for the frame/swingarm studs.

Here's a link to the parts diagram:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...awasaki_OEM/KawasakiMC.asp?Type=13&A=268&B=54

Whoever can do this properlly, I'll pay you $100.

Thanks.

Elimax

Hi all:

Any of ya have the ability to modify the shocks from a Kawasaki ZRX1200 so that the ends would fit on the shock mounting studs on a Max?

The shocks are similar to the stock Max's, just with slightly smaller entry hole for the frame/swingarm studs.

Here's a link to the parts diagram:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...awasaki_OEM/KawasakiMC.asp?Type=13&A=268&B=54

Whoever can do this properlly, I'll pay you $100.

Thanks.

Elimax

Talk to Sean. I'm pretty sure he's done this mod. Is there anything he hasn't tried?:rofl_200:

Dale #2592

If it was the other way around would be easier and just add a steel bushing. In this case it looks like the lower rubber bushing has a steel inner bushing for the bolt. See if you can bore it to vmax specs without compromising safety or try to get diferent rubber bushings with wider hole... Do not mess with the vmax studs... look at mine and see what i did to it

Remove the Vmax lower bushing and swap it into the ZRX shock. BUT, note that the ZRX shock is well over an inch longer then the vmax shock. I have recommended them (KYB's) to people looking at our 3" extended swingarms.

Sean

Thanks for the suggestions, folks! I actually did the replacement myself...I like the higher butt of the bike and the shocks look awesome.

Thanks again.

Elimax

Back