Rear swing arm stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks KJ, your model looks more stout.

Stupid question, what do you lift up on? Swing arm? The pumpkin is slightly lower than the right side tube.

I lifted it up via swingarm, just before the pumpkin. The swingarm bracing made things pretty easy. But, I put some rubber on the stand to prevent slipping. I had an old tube from a bike tire that I cut up.

I'm going to do the same when mine comes in. stock they're $116, with an extra $35 for the rubber swing arm option. Cutting up a $3.50 bicycle tube and attaching it seemed like a better option.

I use a small 4-ton bottle jack, right in front of the rear tire with a 2 X 4 under the frame rails.....it's out of the way and gives you plenty of access to everything on the rear of the bike.

Ive got one which lifts from custom lugs off the shock, but never use it since the chain falls lift. Its for sale..

Attachments

• vmaxstand.jpg
    vmaxstand.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 37
I have one of these but have never tried it on the Max. I just use it for sportbikes. I am not sure the arms will hold the round Max swingarm that great but I have a Max out here I can try it on if you like. Its not gonna hurt this one if it falls over.

Kyle, I would appreciate it! Otherwise, will do what Danny does but use a regular floor jack and 2x4.

We've got some pitbull stands that work well but hook on the axle and nut. So, they don't let you take the wheel off. We use an ATV jack (either on the header or frame) for wheel service. Another friend has a similar stand to yours that I think was sold by Dale Walker that worked well too.

Sean

Back