Remove low speed carb adjuster screws&blasting W/carb cleaner/alternative to shotgun?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nidyanazo

Reaction score
Hey I dont have my air compressor handy.. So I was wondering if I can do the same trick I did to my V65 magna- Pull the low speed carb screws and just blast in some b-12 chemtool carb spray.. then re assemble.. Will that work as a decent alternative to the "shotgun" cleaning method?

She runs great at WOT and medium speed, but from 1500rpm to 3500rpm at light throttle she seems gummed up. Looking for a quick/easy way to remedy.. Suggestions welcome!

Thanks guys!

PS already used seafoam in the tank, put on a few hundred miles since I bought her, and just again today poured in some more seafoam and left overnight.

Re: Remove low speed carb adjuster screws&blasting W/carb cleaner/alternative to shot

Bite the bullet & learn the carb. Disassembly & cleaning of passages & the jets & emulsion tubes is what you really probably need to perform. The how-to section has videos/threads & Damian has a cheap engine teardown video for that too. Do a search.

Re: Remove low speed carb adjuster screws&blasting W/carb cleaner/alternative to shot

I wouldn't do that. That chemical...and most carb cleaners will eat right through all the rubber pieces and gaskets.

tear down the carbs and clean them. not very hard at all. lotsa folks here to help along the way too:punk:

I can't get the Berryman B-12 in a pressurized can in my neck of the woods any longer. Good stuff, but I did manage to ruin two of my coasting enrichener diaphrams by indiscriminately spraying the stuff into my carbs where it didn't belong. $90 error!!

You could try using the seafoam, or non-pressurized Berryman B-12 cleaner to do a 'pea-shooter' routine. That's where you warm the bike, let it idle with the air cleaner top off, and use a syringe, or eyedropper, to dribble a few drops at a time down PJ1 & PJ2 while keeping the bike running. I've had some success doing that before. And of course, it never hurts to check the sychronization while doing any carb adjustments.

Latest posts

Back