Renntec Sportrack with backrest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ouch, so $135 for the rack and $110 to ship it. They said they're getting some next week.

REV's wants $235 and it sounds like people have good luck with them and they said they'll have it 2-3 weeks after i order.... not sure what their shipping costs are.

hmmmmmm

Wow!! When shipping costs=product cost it's time to rethink that purchase!!

Guess everything I got from Exactrep was small, sorry to mislead. :confused2:

yea, i guess thats how it is. I'll probably just order it from REV's at this point b/c if i need to return it or whatever i can always call or send to them a lot cheaper.

$235 and $16 shipping, $260 total from REV's

$135 and $110 shipping, $ 245 from exactrep. for $15 i think dealing in-country is a better option. just 2 phone calls to them will pay for the $15 itself....

so i got it. WHOOOHOO.. love it so far minus a few complications.

quick question, how did you (whoever has the rest can answer) hold the nut for the bolt that goes thru the previous directional slot? There is no room to hold it with anything. I don't have the right side open-end so i may be able to grab one from a buddy, if that works, does anyone know? If so, do you know what size offhand?

Thanks in advance!

If you are talking about the nut that holds the turn signal on, it is 17mm. I just used an open end wrench.

the nut that holds this bolt on.... (see attachment)

Also, my washer is right under that bolt, is it not supposed to be?

Attachments

• DSC00781.jpg
    DSC00781.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 22
That is part of the hardware that comes with the Renntec rack.You may have to remove the seat and/or lower the rear fender to get to it. I think the nut is a lock nut. The washer goes in front of that nut.

That is part of the hardware that comes with the Renntec rack.You may have to remove the seat and/or lower the rear fender to get to it. I think the nut is a lock nut. The washer goes in front of that nut.

Seat was off, i was just having a bitch getting the locknut to hold. ended up getting a 19mm open end to do the trick.

i messed up and totally put the nut on the bolt side of the setup, but with all that trouble i dont' think i'll be putting it back under the nut....

that shoudln't be a problem eh?

Seat was off, i was just having a bitch getting the locknut to hold. ended up getting a 19mm open end to do the trick.

i messed up and totally put the nut on the bolt side of the setup, but with all that trouble i dont' think i'll be putting it back under the nut....

that shoudln't be a problem eh?

No, shouldn't be a problem. Can't see the washer in your pic though. Are you saying the washer is between the bolt head and the bracket instead of between the lock nut and bracket?

No, shouldn't be a problem. Can't see the washer in your pic though. Are you saying the washer is between the bolt head and the bracket instead of between the lock nut and bracket?

Hah. Can't see my washer b/c i highjacked slcvr6's pic's from the beginning of the thread b/c it was too dark when i was doing this.

And yea, thats where it is. I don't think it'll be a problem either its on securely. rode it into work today and g/f didn't have any complaints! (probably last day, 40 was a bit chilly @ 7:30)...

Thanks m-cman for all your help on this one. Love the fact i now have a luggage rack. If i take it off to get powdercoated or wahtever then I'll switch around the washers. Did you not find it a pain in the ass to hold the lock-nut still while tightening the bolt tho? my seat was off, ( i didn't drop the fender or anything) and it was a pain all things considered, altho much easier once i had a 19mm open end (i think thats what size it was)

It was a pain. I also had a problem getting the rack on.It wasn't spread wide enough to slip on. Had to slightly stretch the opening to get it installed. It definitely looks better than the factory set-up, even my chrome one.

NaughtyG -> which part to me2?

m-cman: mine was easy in that regard. just slightly bent it myself, hardest part was holding the spacers in the front grabrail bolt holes while slipping the bar over it.

I have aftermarket directionals on mine (and like ALL AFTERMARKET WIRING) it was like 1" short once i moved the directionals down. luckily i actually had some pre-wired turn signal wires laying around and just spliced them in.

Here's some pic's of it installed!

Attachments

• SSPX0056.jpg
    SSPX0056.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 34
  • SSPX0059.jpg
    SSPX0059.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 30
Back