Renntec Sportrack with backrest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slcvr6

Reaction score
This may have already been posted somewhere, but what the heck.

So here is the Renntec "Sportrack w/backrest". http://www.revsperformance.com/renntec/sports_racks.htm I got it from Russel at Revs Performance. I had to call him up since he does not have an online order form as of yet. It was $235 before shipping and actually arrived in less than 2 days from when I called.

The install was pretty simple and didn't take too long at all. I would recommend another pair of hands though. (some one has to be there to get you another beer)

Pretty decent price for a rack and backrest. A great alternative to the factory one that cost too much and is impossible to get, and the HAC one
that just costs too much.

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

No drilling required. And it comes with all the hardware you need. The part number has a "C" on the back of it, and the guy on the phone told me that that was the chrome version. I believe they can do a black as well, but I bet it would just be painted.

I plan on taking it off this winter along with the factory engine guards(footrests) and getting them powder-coated flat black.

great post man.. thanks for the info!!!

trying to decide between the HAC and the RENNTEC now...

Yea thanks for the pics - I like this one a lot! I'm not usually a fan of sissies as they generally look gay to me, but this one's actually really cool.

I have a Corbin backrest in 'as new' shape that I don't like the look of at all, I may just sell that to get this Renntec instead.

Great info and great pics - u ever considered a career in photography? :biglaugh:

I have one also and it is not as large as the OEM so I think it looks better. Also the luggage rack is much lower, which was always one of my complaints about the OEM rack. I had already relocated my turn signals to the license plate bracket so I filled the relocation hole in the Renntec with a chrome button head bolt.

I'd like to see what kinda bracket people used to move the directionals. Also, there used to be really nice pics in this thread, where did they go?

Mine is a simple I____I shaped bracket. Attached are some pics of the Renntec and the TS bracket.

Attachments

• 2008-06 - Finished - Right Rear.jpg
    2008-06 - Finished - Right Rear.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Left - Flash.jpg
    Left - Flash.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 85
great post man.. thanks for the info!!!

trying to decide between the HAC and the RENNTEC now...

The HAC doesn't come black but I had it P/C'd flat black and I love it as much as I can love a sissy bar. It comes off without the G/F on though.:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 84
They are showing, just not at my office for some reason... Only shows attachments here...

Anyways the renntec looks nice. Thanks for the photo's m-cman. I like your bracket idea, i'm sure i can find something that will do down at the local HW store. If you move the directionals, it does look easy on easy off if you wanted to do that. Altho i may keep it on as I commute with my bike. I noticed its a lot shorter than other options, do passengers ever say its too short? does it still keep someone from flying off the back? dont' need my g/f hitting the pavement when i gun it!

I noticed its a lot shorter than other options, do passengers ever say its too short? does it still keep someone from flying off the back? dont' need my g/f hitting the pavement when i gun it!

It is not as tall as OEM and probably isn't as comfortable for the passenger. It hits in the lower back so you don't really lean back on it. If you ride a passenger a lot, the OEM would probably be better. I usually don't ride anyone on the bike. Mostly need the rack and the backrest is for occasional use only.

Gotcha.. i'll have to see what the passenger thinks then! shes a small girl, 5 '1", 100 lbs roughly so it may not be bad. i don't think she leans back much anyways just wants something there for when i give it some throttle...

hey if u get a chance do you mind measuring how far the top of the pad on the sissybar is from the top of the seat?

thanks again!

yea? do you order online or phone?

that price especially seems too good to be true, other places have said $250. What was the shipping like?

yea? do you order online or phone?

that price especially seems too good to be true, other places have said $250. What was the shipping like?

I have always ordered on line. They are very good about e mailing me with info or questions they might have. Shipping is prolly ok, considering it's coming from overseas, but not low. They've always been very fast with anything I bought.

thanks man... i emailed them asking if they had it in stock but it was at 11:30am so i'm trying to figure out if they answer the emails at their [email protected] address or if i should just order to see if they have it in stock....

i'd love to get it asap so i could put it on and use it a bit before the bike goes into hibernation

ouch, so $135 for the rack and $110 to ship it. They said they're getting some next week.

REV's wants $235 and it sounds like people have good luck with them and they said they'll have it 2-3 weeks after i order.... not sure what their shipping costs are.

hmmmmmm

Back