Replacing Stator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soovmaxguy

Reaction score
I bought a stator cover off ebay and I want to use my stator in the cover I bought.Is there any timing issues to worry out or just r/r the stator Thanks for any help

No timing issues to worry about with the just the stator. Make sure you use a new OEM gasket when putting the stator cover back on
Cheers

No timing issues to worry about with the just the stator. Make sure you use a new OEM gasket when putting the stator cover back on
Cheers
Thats whay I thought.The screws are a bugger to get out.I ordered the gasket but it is on back order Thanks for the help

Thats whay I thought.The screws are a bugger to get out.I ordered the gasket but it is on back order Thanks for the help

Ask them to cut one for you if they have the template. The dealership has done that for me a few times. Otherwise you might wait forever for back ordered parts.

i'm sure I have a gasket on hand but shipping may make it hardly worthwile unless you just really want one.

Sean

We bought gasket material at Advance Auto and used the cover as a template. No leaks.

It's our local Yamie shop, not very big, they have to order out for everything. SVG, you may want to just order your parts from Gary at Mondak Motorsports, 20% over cost! A lot cheaper than what Pat charges. I asked him for prices once for ft/rear metzler 880's installed and I about fell over when he said $350! So I ordered Shinkos for $150 and had him install/ HS balance them for ~$50.

They said it wont be long.We got 5 inches of snow last night.There is no real hurry Thanks :eusa_dance:
Redbone is in pieces in my brother's basement ATM, fresh 5" of snow last night more on the way, we have almost a month and a half more of this then we get to RIDE!
SVG, are you going to be ready to ride once the snow clears? I should be just about done with all my mods by then and ready to roll on down the highway!:punk:

Redbone is in pieces in my brother's basement ATM, fresh 5" of snow last night more on the way, we have almost a month and a half more of this then we get to RIDE!
SVG, are you going to be ready to ride once the snow clears? I should be just about done with all my mods by then and ready to roll on down the highway!:punk:
I will be ready. The bike is painted and new fork seals.Going to put kerker exhaust on tonight just waiting for some gaskets and correct bolts from Yamaha.I hate people that like to use any bolt they can find lol Got to still ride my sled till the snow leaves

How complicated is it to replace the stator?

What is the replacement/part cost?

How long does it take?

Is this something that can be done in an hour or two?

There is no fluctuation in the headlamp when I use the throttle, so I assume that it isn't the regulator. Of course I don't claim to be an expert.

It would be nice if it were just connections.

Followed the flow chart and regulator was fine. Tested the 3 wires from the stator and according to the Flow chart my stator is bad.

The replacement stator came today.

what are the steps to remove and replace the stator?

I took the cover off last night to discover cracked and chiped magnets around the outside of where the Stator sits ( The big wide thin magnets). Can anyone assist with what part would I order to replace these broken magnets?

The magnets sit on the outside of the flywheel and believe you'll need to replace the whole thing. I can't find a separate part number for the magnets.

SKU: 26H-81670-10-00
PICK-UP ASSEMBLY

This sure is expensive. I'd shop around for a used one.

Thank you for the replies and info!

Why did you replace yours with another Unit?

I am interested in the part. I have sent you a PM.

-Paul

Thank you for the replies and info!

Why did you replace yours with another Unit?

I am interested in the part. I have sent you a PM.

-Paul

The stator from the Venture put out more watts... 50 more I think.

Back