Researched some shocks...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
So, while researching shocks, I started getting curious about progressive shocks, as they seem to be a popular choice...

I am 6 feet 250 pounds with no gear - and I have come to the conclusion I should likely not get the 412's because of my weight.

Any heavy hitters out there have any shock advice for the 250lbs+ crowd?

My suspension needs are cruising.

I don't intend of carving any mountains.

Still don't want bottom of the barrel though. I like quality.
________
mflb

Last edited:
Progressives are a very good shock for the money - had 412's and now have the 440's which have the Ricor IAS system in them - really like the 440's - damn good shock.

Sheldon, (02moneypit) has a set of works and I think a set of Ohlins for sale too - both are damn nice shocks too.

Mike

I'm 6'2" and hover between 240 and 250 w/no gear. I have progressive 440's and can say they will not bottom out with me on the bike, even on the "softest" setting. They're stout.

CALL PROGRESSIVE SHOCK COMPANY & ASK THEM !http://www.progressivesuspension.com/contact.html I CALL THE MANUFACTURES ALL THE TIME & THEY ARE ALWAYS MORE THEN EAGER TO HELP !:punk: A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE ODYSSEY BATTERY MANUFACTURE FOR 20 MINUTES & MONDAY I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE AVON MOTORCYCLE TIRE COMPANY FOR 30 MINUTES , FINDING OUT WHY NO MOTORCYCLE TIRE COMPANIES MAKE A 15 INCH RADIAL TIRE & WITCH TIRES ARE BEST FOR THE V-MAX , HE ACTUALLY TALKED ME OUT OF REPLACING MY TIRES NOW , HE SAID " WAIT UNTIL YOU NEED NEW TIRES BEFORE REPLACING THEM " :punk: TALK ABOUT BEING HONEST !

I have actually contacted 02money about his shocks...
I would need to research them each to find out what suits my needs better.
Thanks for the replies folks. And I just may contact progressive too
________
silversurfer reviews

Last edited:
I have actually contacted 02money about his shocks...
I would need to research them each to find out what suits my needs better.
Thanks for the replies folks. And I just may contact progressive too

I have a set of 11.5" 440s for sale....but they'll lower your bike 1.5".

Dale #2592

If dales 440's aren't what you want I do sell the progressives new. We have been selling a number of 430's which we had custom ordered for vmax's. Not as nice as the 440's but cheaper and better then the 412's

Sean

I like the 418's myself. Adjustable damping in addition to adj. preload. Works and Ohlins are better but MUCH more expensive. Don't get the Chinese ones on eBay though...

Back