Researched some shocks...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
So, while researching shocks, I started getting curious about progressive shocks, as they seem to be a popular choice...

I am 6 feet 250 pounds with no gear - and I have come to the conclusion I should likely not get the 412's because of my weight.

Any heavy hitters out there have any shock advice for the 250lbs+ crowd?

My suspension needs are cruising.

I don't intend of carving any mountains.

Still don't want bottom of the barrel though. I like quality.
________
mflb

Last edited:
Progressives are a very good shock for the money - had 412's and now have the 440's which have the Ricor IAS system in them - really like the 440's - damn good shock.

Sheldon, (02moneypit) has a set of works and I think a set of Ohlins for sale too - both are damn nice shocks too.

Mike

I'm 6'2" and hover between 240 and 250 w/no gear. I have progressive 440's and can say they will not bottom out with me on the bike, even on the "softest" setting. They're stout.

CALL PROGRESSIVE SHOCK COMPANY & ASK THEM !http://www.progressivesuspension.com/contact.html I CALL THE MANUFACTURES ALL THE TIME & THEY ARE ALWAYS MORE THEN EAGER TO HELP !:punk: A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE ODYSSEY BATTERY MANUFACTURE FOR 20 MINUTES & MONDAY I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE AVON MOTORCYCLE TIRE COMPANY FOR 30 MINUTES , FINDING OUT WHY NO MOTORCYCLE TIRE COMPANIES MAKE A 15 INCH RADIAL TIRE & WITCH TIRES ARE BEST FOR THE V-MAX , HE ACTUALLY TALKED ME OUT OF REPLACING MY TIRES NOW , HE SAID " WAIT UNTIL YOU NEED NEW TIRES BEFORE REPLACING THEM " :punk: TALK ABOUT BEING HONEST !

I have actually contacted 02money about his shocks...
I would need to research them each to find out what suits my needs better.
Thanks for the replies folks. And I just may contact progressive too
________
silversurfer reviews

Last edited:
I have actually contacted 02money about his shocks...
I would need to research them each to find out what suits my needs better.
Thanks for the replies folks. And I just may contact progressive too

I have a set of 11.5" 440s for sale....but they'll lower your bike 1.5".

Dale #2592

If dales 440's aren't what you want I do sell the progressives new. We have been selling a number of 430's which we had custom ordered for vmax's. Not as nice as the 440's but cheaper and better then the 412's

Sean

I like the 418's myself. Adjustable damping in addition to adj. preload. Works and Ohlins are better but MUCH more expensive. Don't get the Chinese ones on eBay though...

Latest posts

Back