Rims came in today ;)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckzx9

Reaction score
Just got my set of black carrezzera rims from Sean Morley. Wow they look awesome. And light I can't believe how light they are. Thanks Sean you are the man!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 133
They are 18's and the shipping weight was 37lbs and there was a lot of cardboard in their. I don't have a scale at my house to weigh them right now. But they feel super light. I did just get home from the gym though lol ;)

How light are they ? 18s ? Look very nice , well done Sean .
Here is the informatioin Sean offered up:
Wheel Information:

Front
Old 33 lbs: Stock rim, ME 880 110/90-18
New 29lbs: Carr, Avon Cobra 130/70-18 Even with a much bigger tire I still lost 4lbs (Edit - I normally suggest a 120/70-18)

Rear
Old 41lbs: Stock rim ME 880 170/80-15
New 33lbs: Carr, Avon Cobra 180/55-18 (Edit - A 200/50-18 will also fit on a modified swingarm)

The Specs per Carrozzeria:
Super Light Weight 9.5 lbs (front), 14.7 lbs (rear)

Thanks Brian. It's a great feeling. I just ordered my tires I went with the metzler marathon 200 rear and 130 front. Bikerbandit had on their website 20% off entire site. At checkout the discount was not adjusted like they promised so I had to call and am waiting for an answer.

How do you like the 130 front??? I'm going to take pics before during and after when Steve O and I make the transition ;)

Mike don't be mad ill let you ride her this year at either quabbin run or rice o Rama ;)

I'm running the 120 Shinko Verge on the front but I think I'll go with the 130 front next time I change it. The first time I rode after I put my wheels on I could hardly believe it was still Redbone that I was riding, I'm sure you'll love the money spent on this mod b/c along with the sweet looks they are an even better performance upgrade!:punk:

Thanks Brian. It's a great feeling. I just ordered my tires I went with the metzler marathon 200 rear and 130 front. Bikerbandit had on their website 20% off entire site. At checkout the discount was not adjusted like they promised so I had to call and am waiting for an answer.

How do you like the 130 front??? I'm going to take pics before during and after when Steve O and I make the transition ;)

Mike don't be mad ill let you ride her this year at either quabbin run or rice o Rama ;)

Don't tease me man.....I can't take it...............

How'd you get the cushman drive off??!!

And there is a plastic peice around the cushman that is held on with 4 phillips head screws that are too long for the new wheels, what do you do about that?

To remove the cush drive you take off the outer snap ring near the top. There is an oring under the bottom side of the cush drive that I don't reuse. The screws should work back in the new wheel. If you don't have any luck them you can swing by the hardware store and get some just a little shorter if need be.

Sean

To remove the cush drive you take off the outer snap ring near the top. There is an oring under the bottom side of the cush drive that I don't reuse. The screws should work back in the new wheel. If you don't have any luck them you can swing by the hardware store and get some just a little shorter if need be.

Sean

perfect candidates for some nice button head SS allens so you dont' gum 'em up again eh?

Tried to get the discs off the stock rims, I ended up stripping two of the allens on the front wheel holding the right side disc on. PITA.

So I cut a notch in the bolt head and tried with a long handled screwdriver, that didn't work either.

Took it all to the dealer and ordered the tires also, Bridgestone Battlax 200. Hope it fits!!

Should fit just fine. It will be close. Swingarm should be in the mail at the end of the week (or early next week). You must use a hammer hand type impact to get those rotor bolts loose!

Tried to get the discs off the stock rims, I ended up stripping two of the allens on the front wheel holding the right side disc on. PITA.

So I cut a notch in the bolt head and tried with a long handled screwdriver, that didn't work either.

Took it all to the dealer and ordered the tires also, Bridgestone Battlax 200. Hope it fits!!

Then you could-have used a cold chisel to drive it loose w/a baby sledge or a BFH of the ball-pein persuasion. :biglaugh: I've had to do that on > 1 occasion.

I had a couple rotor bolts that would not come out of the stock Vmax wheel, I had purchased extra rotor bolts from Sean so I just drilled them out. I used a ez out to get the stud out of the wheel.
Here is a pic of the drilled out bolt and some blue loctite which did it's job maybe just a little too well:

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpg
    IMG_1732.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back