Saw another max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was having a nice little cruise on "99" yesterday morning, heading north on the Taconic Pkwy., and decided to pull in a scenic overlook area where I like to stop and gaze out over the Catskill Mtns.

There is a similar area on the opposite side in the south bound lanes also. I looked over and there was a bike with a couple people there. I thought to myself, "That sure looks like a v max over there."

Of course, I couldn't stand it so I strapped on the helmet, headed up to the first cross over and then back south to the overlook. Sure enough, it was an '89 max.

We chatted for a little bit and the guy said, "That's not Sallymax, is it?" The surprise must have showed on my face cause he said, "I'm following you guys on the board!" Turns out he is a forum member from the northern part of the county, we had pm'd back & forth several times, but had never met.

I rode south a couple exits with them, it was cool to ride with another v max!!

I was having a nice little cruise on "99" yesterday morning, heading north on the Taconic Pkwy., and decided to pull in a scenic overlook area where I like to stop and gaze out over the Catskill Mtns.

There is a similar area on the opposite side in the south bound lanes also. I looked over and there was a bike with a couple people there. I thought to myself, "That sure looks like a v max over there."

Of course, I couldn't stand it so I strapped on the helmet, headed up to the first cross over and then back south to the overlook. Sure enough, it was an '89 max.

We chatted for a little bit and the guy said, "That's not Sallymax, is it?" The surprise must have showed on my face cause he said, "I'm following you guys on the board!" Turns out he is a forum member from the northern part of the county, we had pm'd back & forth several times, but had never met.

I rode south a couple exits with them, it was cool to ride with another v max!!

nice! i have yet to find another maxer around here. i know there are a couple, but none in my initial area...

That's great Danny, always great to ride with another Vmax!
I need to get ALMTY and Soovmaxguy together so we can go for some rides.

I was out walking last week, and was crossing Independence Pkwy here in Plano, and lo and behold, sitting at the stoplight was a Max! As I went by, I told the guy, "Nice VMax" and asked him if he read this board. He nodded and indicated that he did.

Either he truly reads this board, or he just said yes to get the crazy loon wearing half a Hefty bag and sweating like hell to shut up and cross the street. :biglaugh::biglaugh: Maybe we can lure him out.

I saw another Max at the Eureka Springs rally over the weekend. Out of the 3-4 thousand bikes there, we both thought we were the only Max in town, until I saw his parked at a pool hall. He hadn't heard of the forum so I gave him the address. He was out of Missouri.

I saw another Max at the Eureka Springs rally over the weekend. Out of the 3-4 thousand bikes there, we both thought we were the only Max in town, until I saw his parked at a pool hall. He hadn't heard of the forum so I gave him the address. He was out of Missouri.

Ah, another one of us pimping for Buster. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I was out walking last week, and was crossing Independence Pkwy here in Plano, and lo and behold, sitting at the stoplight was a Max! As I went by, I told the guy, "Nice VMax" and asked him if he read this board. He nodded and indicated that he did.

Either he truly reads this board, or he just said yes to get the crazy loon wearing half a Hefty bag and sweating like hell to shut up and cross the street. :biglaugh::biglaugh: Maybe we can lure him out.

Uh....Tom???? :ummm:

I thought the doctor told you not to do that anymore!! :biglaugh:

If it means anything i was in es with my max over the weekend as well...

Uh....Tom???? :ummm:

I thought the doctor told you not to do that anymore!! :biglaugh:

Well, it Depends. :biglaugh:

I walk 5-8 miles a day, and I generally wear the top to a sauna suit, so I sweat like hell. To the guy I was talking to...might as well have said HEFTY on the side. Or on my ass. :ummm:

If it means anything i was in es with my max over the weekend as well...

Bummer. I missed this rally somehow. We ride down to Eureka Springs a lot. My friend from KS came down with his '09, and we rode up to the Choppers for Children event in Joplin, MO instead. The Joplin event was kinda DOA.

I'll have to remember the event for next year.

As we pulled out I told my gal.."Be Ready"...she was all hunkered down waiting for a bit of boost...lol
BTW she loved the backrest so much she dozed off 3 exits later...

Back