Scooter advice needed...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a couple of guys up here I see riding around on a regular basis. They are cruising on a couple of scooters and have the biggest shit eating grins on thier faces. They are having too much fun.

Tonight while driving back from the store they were lining up against the sport bikes at an intersection. it was too funny, the best part was watching the sport bike try and "prove himself" and take off like he had a chance of loosing.

I'm thinking the Tmax might join my stable next year. all and all they look like a lot of fun. :clapping:

SCOOTERS... are like fat chicks, they sure are fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you ridin one.... I think I will pay for the extra gas.

Well this scooter delivery time is 3-10 days. So hopefully EVOSALES will pull through early and I will be scooting :scooter 1: around by Friday and saving gas money.

Thanks for all your input and all you jokesters for the laughs..

Which one did you end up getting?

Lankee...

I have several Chinese contacts from past and present business dealings. One of my very best older friends is actually one of the larger importers of all things Chinese and born in Guangzhou.

He started from nothing and now owns several Hampton Inn's in Florida and Dunkin Donuts all over the south. He and his brother started importing as a hobby several years ago, and they supply everything from toys to pet supplies while giving them an excuse to go home on business.

Just for shits and giggles I asked him what the best scooter from the red state was in his opionion. He said that most are crap as expected, but, his knowledgeable fellow countrymen only buy vehicles with Lifan motors and ride the shiznit out of them.

Their motors are Honda based, and they are in a huge legal battle right now over this.

The LF150T-6 looks sweet and can be had for around $1050-$1300 if you shop around and gets 80-100 MPG.

Neil

PS. By no means am I saying buy Chinese! Just letting everyone know of a honest opinion from somone I trust without a doubt.

Attachments

• LF150T-6.jpg
    LF150T-6.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 12
Well this scooter delivery time is 3-10 days. So hopefully EVOSALES will pull through early and I will be scooting :scooter 1: around by Friday and saving gas money.

Thanks for all your input and all you jokesters for the laughs..
dont strap the front end down..you lunatic

If you're seriously looking to get a 150cc scooter, and want one that's much more macho than the current crop of plastic crap coming in from China, there are 2 scooters to look at. One is the Vespa PX150 and the other is the Genuine Stella. Both of these scooters are old school metal bodies 4 speed (not twist and go) scooters.

Both the PX150 and Stella are basically the same thing. The PX150 is technically made in Italy, but it's parts are made all over the world, and just assembled in Italy, and the Stella is made in India in a plant that used to make them for Vespa, but then started making them for themselves.

If you checkout http://forums.stellaspeed.com you will find a community much like the one here. Both scooters are 2 stroke, and both also have autolube, so it's not a big thing, but stock the Stella has much better gas mileage then the Vespa due to using a reed valve induction rather than rotary valve as in the Vespa. The stella in it's stock config gets around 85mpg, and you can do lots of things to make it go faster, and still keep the mpg up around 70mpg or so.

You could also get a vintage Vespa P200E (200cc) like I currently have, the only real difference is that they don't have front disc brakes like the current crop do.

The pictures below are of my 2005 Stella (the blue one) and my 1977 Vespa P200E (the green one)

MyBlueStella.jpg

909b_1.jpg

If you're seriously looking to get a 150cc scooter, and want one that's much more macho than the current crop of plastic crap coming in from China, there are 2 scooters to look at. One is the Vespa PX150 and the other is the Genuine Stella. Both of these scooters are old school metal bodies 4 speed (not twist and go) scooters.

Both the PX150 and Stella are basically the same thing. The PX150 is technically made in Italy, but it's parts are made all over the world, and just assembled in Italy, and the Stella is made in India in a plant that used to make them for Vespa, but then started making them for themselves.

If you checkout http://forums.stellaspeed.com you will find a community much like the one here. Both scooters are 2 stroke, and both also have autolube, so it's not a big thing, but stock the Stella has much better gas mileage then the Vespa due to using a reed valve induction rather than rotary valve as in the Vespa. The stella in it's stock config gets around 85mpg, and you can do lots of things to make it go faster, and still keep the mpg up around 70mpg or so.

You could also get a vintage Vespa P200E (200cc) like I currently have, the only real difference is that they don't have front disc brakes like the current crop do.

The pictures below are of my 2005 Stella (the blue one) and my 1977 Vespa P200E (the green one)

MyBlueStella.jpg

909b_1.jpg
Yes these are some bad boys! In all honesty I couldnt be seen rididng this style of 2 wheeler. I wont argue that VESPA doesnt make qaulity scooters.
The cost and the looks arent for what I will be using my scooter for. Perfomance isnt a key factor since the roads to work are 85% level each way on roads of max 45MPH.

Lankee...

I have several Chinese contacts from past and present business dealings. One of my very best older friends is actually one of the larger importers of all things Chinese and born in Guangzhou.

He started from nothing and now owns several Hampton Inn's in Florida and Dunkin Donuts all over the south. He and his brother started importing as a hobby several years ago, and they supply everything from toys to pet supplies while giving them an excuse to go home on business.

Just for shits and giggles I asked him what the best scooter from the red state was in his opionion. He said that most are crap as expected, but, his knowledgeable fellow countrymen only buy vehicles with Lifan motors and ride the shiznit out of them.

Their motors are Honda based, and they are in a huge legal battle right now over this.

The LF150T-6 looks sweet and can be had for around $1050-$1300 if you shop around and gets 80-100 MPG.

Neil

PS. By no means am I saying buy Chinese! Just letting everyone know of a honest opinion from somone I trust without a doubt.

I was going to mention Lifan earlier, but didn't want anybody to know, but.............
I bought a Lifan 6500 watt generator a couple years ago for home standby power and it is a great little generator. They have Honda clone engines, and I was told the parts are interchangeable with Honda. The thing is quiet and very good on fuel, rated at 15 hr. run time on 6 gal of gas, and it's actually better than that.
If I was in the market for a scooter, Lifan would be my choice.
Being 6' 5" I opted for a V Max instead, thought it might fit me better, but I really want to see a pic of Lankee on his scooter!! I think he's a couple inches taller than me!!:clapping:

dan

Yes these are some bad boys! In all honesty I couldnt be seen rididng this style of 2 wheeler.

I've never met you, or even seen a picture of you, so this comment isn't directed at you in particular, butI will say that ANYONE can look macho riding a VMax, it takes a big pair of balls to ride a Vespa and not look gay! :moped:

When I was a kid, the Vespas were by far the most popular scooter. When I was 12 to 14, I really wanted one. Sears sold a Vespa thru their stores and catalog but renamed it the Allstate "Cruisair". One of my friends had one when I had my Zundapp Super Sabre (my second bike, first was a Harley Hummer). This was in 1960. I still have a soft spot for them and wouldn't mind having one of the originals.

I was going to mention Lifan earlier, but didn't want anybody to know, but.............
I bought a Lifan 6500 watt generator a couple years ago for home standby power and it is a great little generator. They have Honda clone engines, and I was told the parts are interchangeable with Honda. The thing is quiet and very good on fuel, rated at 15 hr. run time on 6 gal of gas, and it's actually better than that.
If I was in the market for a scooter, Lifan would be my choice.
Being 6' 5" I opted for a V Max instead, thought it might fit me better, but I really want to see a pic of Lankee on his scooter!! I think he's a couple inches taller than me!!:clapping:

dan

Dan....

Nothing wrong with that!!! What model generator did you go with?

6500 or 6500E

Most generator sales places carry lifan stuff around here now.

American Lifan has a pretty good rep as a distributor of all things 2/4 wheel Lifan.

http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/products.html

Neil

Dan....

Nothing wrong with that!!! What model generator did you go with?

6500 or 6500E

Most generator sales places carry lifan stuff around here now.

American Lifan has a pretty good rep as a distributor of all things 2/4 wheel Lifan.

http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/products.html

Neil

Neil,

It says 6500 on the machine, but it's got elec. start?? So I guess it's a 6500E.

What dya think?

dan

Attachments

• Lifan generator.jpg
    Lifan generator.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 9
Neil,

It says 6500 on the machine, but it's got elec. start?? So I guess it's a 6500E.

What dya think?

dan

It's the 6500E for sure with recoil/electric start. That's a nice looking outfit!

Features:
? LIFAN INDUSTRIAL 6500 Watt
? Rated AC Output 60 Hz Max - 6500 Watts
? Rated AC Output 60 Hz Continuous - 6000 Watts
? Lifan OHV Engine - 13.0 HP
? EPA Approved - Carb Approved
? Starter System - Recoil/Electric Start
? Running Time 60 Hz - 15 Hours
? Running Time 50 Hz - 17.5 Hours
? Fuel Tank Capacity - 6.6 Gallon/25L
? Fuel Consumption - 1.67L/hr
? Noise Rating @ 20' - 67 db
? Rated Voltage - 120/240 Volt
? DC Output - 12 Volt 8.3 Amp
? Outlets - 2-GFCI 120 Volt 20 Amp / 1 Twist Lock 120 Volt
? 30 Amp / 1 Twist Lock 240 Volt 30 Amp
? Weight (Dry) - 180 lbs.
? Dimensions - 27L x 20W x 21H

The noise rating really is good on that thing!

Nice Buy!!!

Neil

It's the 6500E for sure with recoil/electric start. That's a nice looking outfit!

Features:
? LIFAN INDUSTRIAL 6500 Watt
? Rated AC Output 60 Hz Max - 6500 Watts
? Rated AC Output 60 Hz Continuous - 6000 Watts
? Lifan OHV Engine - 13.0 HP
? EPA Approved - Carb Approved
? Starter System - Recoil/Electric Start
? Running Time 60 Hz - 15 Hours
? Running Time 50 Hz - 17.5 Hours
? Fuel Tank Capacity - 6.6 Gallon/25L
? Fuel Consumption - 1.67L/hr
? Noise Rating @ 20' - 67 db
? Rated Voltage - 120/240 Volt
? DC Output - 12 Volt 8.3 Amp
? Outlets - 2-GFCI 120 Volt 20 Amp / 1 Twist Lock 120 Volt
? 30 Amp / 1 Twist Lock 240 Volt 30 Amp
? Weight (Dry) - 180 lbs.
? Dimensions - 27L x 20W x 21H

The noise rating really is good on that thing!

Nice Buy!!!

Neil

That's very impressive Neil!

Do you memorize this stuff? :rofl_200:

I've got it mounted in the barn, backfeed the panel through about 75' of buried cable to the house.

You can't even hear the thing in the house, it's very quiet.

I know, I know, backfeeding the panel is............! Hey, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do! Right? :eusa_dance:

dan

I've never met you, or even seen a picture of you, so this comment isn't directed at you in particular, butI will say that ANYONE can look macho riding a VMax, it takes a big pair of balls to ride a Vespa and not look gay! :moped:

With that type of thought process where does it end? Do you wear a pink mini skirt with your "big balls" hanging out while cruising on your Vespa scooter?
Or is wearing pants enough to prove you have bigg balls while on your Vespa?:confused2:

That's very impressive Neil!

Do you memorize this stuff? :rofl_200:

I've got it mounted in the barn, backfeed the panel through about 75' of buried cable to the house.

You can't even hear the thing in the house, it's very quiet.

I know, I know, backfeeding the panel is............! Hey, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do! Right? :eusa_dance:

dan

:biglaugh:

Nah...didn't memorize, more like google copy/paste.

Hey...I won't tell if you don't tell about the backfeed. The electric company will just have to replace the transformer due to an act of God if it gets overcharged somehow :clapping:

I've seen some crazy setups in my day. One family that use to rent off of us was stealing electric via a 150ft 12 guage drop cord straight to the panel for about 6 months before we caught them.

Thought you might find this link interesting :rofl_200:

http://www.smps.us/transferswitch.html

Take Care
Neil

:stop::eek:fftopic::hijacked:

A generator has what to do with a Scooter :ummm:

Easy there Scooter :biglaugh:

We took it to PM already....

Lifan man, Lifan...:eusa_dance:

We're just trying to get an award like you already have
hijacker.jpg
:rofl_200: