Show us your gauge setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gauge Dutch style

user6219pic727713567370.jpg

See my album for the picture :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a bit old now but here's what i did.

Clutch pipe is braded now!

Also fitted this: (Link)

It also works during normall riding of the bike but as the servo isn't fully open till 8k rpm, you don't see it until then.

This is a bit old now but here's what i did.

Clutch pipe is braded now!

Also fitted this: (Link)

It also works during normall riding of the bike but as the servo isn't fully open till 8k rpm, you don't see it until then.

What make/model is that speedo?

Gauge Dutch style

user6219pic727713567370.jpg

See my album for the picture :)

I was thinking of buying the Trail Tech Vapor but didn't want to put it where the speedo is, then I thought it might fit where the tach is but couldn't find dimensions... then I saw your pic :worthy: now my mind is made up - I'm going to buy the Vapor Stealth with the dashboard lights

Stealth%20PDA%20300.jpg

I was thinking of buying the Trail Tech Vapor but didn't want to put it where the speedo is, then I thought it might fit where the tach is but couldn't find dimensions... then I saw your pic :worthy: now my mind is made up - I'm going to buy the Vapor Stealth with the dashboard lights

Stealth%20PDA%20300.jpg

Be careful, vapor with dashboard lights has another dimensions and maybe doesn't fit !

Be careful, vapor with dashboard lights has another dimensions and maybe doesn't fit !

Don't worry, I'm good with a saw :biglaugh:
The dashboard is only a clip-on surround with holders for 4 bulbs, I'm going to use it as a base to mould my own dash

WOW great stuff i like the Rx2n Vmax Master cluster i think it looks smart only thing is not sure if the RPM meter will be effect because of the COP'S mod

WOW great stuff i like the Rx2n Vmax Master cluster i think it looks smart only thing is not sure if the RPM meter will be effect because of the COP'S mod

Sometimes an inline resistor on the tach line will solve that, my tach was a bit erratic until I put a 10k ohm resistor in. Digital guages are much more sensitive to noise on the harness from the other cylinders

Is it a digital speedo I am assuming....how does it work

Yup, the Vapor has a digital speedo.
Most aftermarket digital speedos use a sensor tied to the forks and a magnet attached to the wheel. Enter the tyre diameter and it will calculate your speed by the rate of pulses

Finally done... Ish
Just have to bundle some excess wiring.
hyhupy6y.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Have any 1 use speedhut gauges it uses gps type signal.

Attachments

• vmax gauges speedhut.JPG
    vmax gauges speedhut.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 56
Have any 1 use speedhut gauges it uses gps type signal.

I am using a couple of speedhut ones. I have a GPS speedo but not the Speedhut one. i got one a few years before Speedhut put theirs out. Don't have any pics of my gauges at the moment though. One thing annoying w the GPS is that when you go WOT it takes a few seconds for the signal to catch up w your actual speed. Also there are some dead spots where the speed will just cut out and then a half mile later will come back.

I am using a couple of speedhut ones. I have a GPS speedo but not the Speedhut one. i got one a few years before Speedhut put theirs out. Don't have any pics of my gauges at the moment though. One thing annoying w the GPS is that when you go WOT it takes a few seconds for the signal to catch up w your actual speed. Also there are some dead spots where the speed will just cut out and then a half mile later will come back.

My next mod monkey is to change my gauges. I was thinking of using sunpro 1.5" volts, water temp, oil pressure, Trying to find pictures of them install and the bracket that is needed to install them back on the bike.

Speedometer/tach I'm still looking in to.

Latest posts

Back