Sight Glass Test For Oil Pressure????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gamorg02: You sound GTG.

Wish I had a way to get a pressure reading on mine. Kyle's doing a ride this week end that I'm gonna miss. COO Order is in process somewhere.

That makes sense to me Garrett! Just wouldn't think you could get 58# hot, with the o-ring out.

i agree. i'm gonna do some more testing on the way home but man its a pain to watch pressure, watch rpms and watch traffic on the am commute. didn't test too intensively. also my fuel light came on and the oil light was coming on (b/c accelerating uphill) and i need an oil change, ahah

gamorg02: You sound GTG.

Wish I had a way to get a pressure reading on mine. Kyle's doing a ride this week end that I'm gonna miss. COO Order is in process somewhere.

i think so too...

theres gotta be someone near you that could swing by with their bike and the gauge. u don't gotta drain the oil to swap it over for a 15 mile ride to test the pressure then swap it back! if i was close i'd be over there.

Originally Posted By gamorg02:
theres gotta be someone near you that could swing by with their bike and the gauge. u don't gotta drain the oil to swap it over for a 15 mile ride to test the pressure then swap it back! if i was close i'd be over there.

Thanx for the thoughts, I don't know of anyone around here with a gauge
that would be willing to do that. I wish you were closer too but not just to use your pressure gauge.:biglaugh:

Thanx for the thoughts, I don't know of anyone around here with a gauge
that would be willing to do that. I wish you were closer too but not just to use your pressure gauge.:biglaugh:

maybe someone will speak up. better than sitting at home watching the bike!

and not sure what to make of the second comment, just gotta run it by the girl tho!

44 magnum: Thanx for that comment, If you really knew me you'd know how far wrong that is. :biglaugh: I meant there are never too many "Real Brothers" around, willing to help a "Bro" in need.

44 magnum: Thanx for that comment, If you really knew me you'd know how far wrong that is. :biglaugh: I meant there are never too many "Real Brothers" around, willing to help a "Bro" in need.

Well the thing is, true, I don't know you, but I DO know Garrett. He's a perv from WAY back. I'm not sayin'... Just sayin' is all. :)

--

i knew what ya meant spec ops, just hadda bust some balls!

:biglaugh: All is Well. I'm happy we can joke with each other and not take it seriously.

On another story line. I put a call in to Tom at COO about an hour and a half ago. My Wife and I had to go out to get her Free Florida Sportsmans License. Tom called very shortly after we left to let me know how my Parts will be going out. He's a great person to deal with, we even STS about "Toxic". He told me that most of the parts I ordered would be a straight forward install but if I needed any explanation just call..

Parts should be here Monday or Tuesday if USPS co-operates... Then maybe I can park the Harley again.:biglaugh:

wonder how specific the adapter is? maybe a local garage has one you could use for the time being?

My Oil Pressure Gauge came in today. Tom at Cycle One Off had a handlebar mount gauge on sale for $100.00. I picked a great time to do this.. I bought the Cross Brace / Oil Filter Adapter (Adapter was on sale too) and his O-Ring fix. It took a few extra days to get here but Tom mentioned that he had to wait on 1 part. Pleasure dealing with him, he even offered help over the phone if I ran into any problems.

I installed it on the handlebar and routed the line along the right side down to the oil galley fitting. Set the choke so the bike would start and warm up. I always run 2 fans on the radiator, one from each side. That way I can be sure the bike won't overheat if I get distracted.

At 1100 rpm where the bike started, the pressure reading was 46-48 lbs. Once it was warm enough to run without the choke I flipped it off. I let the bike warm up to normal and watched as the pressure gradually came down, finally resting at 6-8 lbs when the bike was fully warmed and at 1000 RPM. I have Rotella T Dino Oil in it, I believe it's 15w-40. From WalMart.

I ran the engine up in RPM and the pressure climbed. Probably just my particular Gauge but it was more than 10 lbs for each 1000 RPM. It went to bypass and held at 62 to 64 at 4500-5000 rpm. No further increase in pressure.

So, It appears that all is well, even with the sight glass oil level being at the bottom mark, with the bike running and upright.

My oil pressure has been pretty much averaging 10 pounds per 1000 rpm and lately I noticed it was about 32 psi at 4000 rpm. I pulled the pan today and the o ring is bulging out about 1/4 way around the pipe, so i picked up the kawi o ring that Sean recomends using to go back in along with the coo button and gasket.

Ditto, I'm gonna do the Kawi O Ring at the same time as the COO Fix.
Should we replace other O Rings in the piping at that time too?

Can you guys please give me a part number for this 'kawi o ring'?

I had the guys at yamaha drop the sump for me so i could inspect the O-ring before i bought the bike and it was fine (no bulging) , but want to do a better set up for the long term.
I ordered the same oil pressure kit and o-ring fix from Tom earlier this week. Should make it over here to Oz next week.

Hey Steve. Thanks for that. If they can't seem to find it on the australian system, where does this o ring usually go and on what Kawi bike? (i assume we are talking about Kawasaki? Sorry, might be a stupid question LOL)

And which Kawasaki o-ring is this exactly? Part # perhaps? = KAWASAKI PART NUMBER- 92055-1147

The oblong shaped o`ring between the cylinder head and barrel, fits in the oil passage way. One on each side.

KZ650SR AND ZX550-A 1984 & UP KZ550-F 1983 & UP TO NAME A FEW

It all started with a valve adjustment. Tool broke and ended up under my cam chain sproket. Rags stuffed in the upper chain highly advisable when covers are off....lol. Always wondered about that orange o-ring anyway. So, off with the pan and there it is bulging out about %30.
E-mail Sean, get the new o-ring, stopper, oil pump kit and gaslkets,and Manual ooil pressure gauge fro cycle one off. 8-10 lbs at 1050-1100 rpm hot. I reused the old oil delivery system o-rings. A little under 23,000 miles on the engine at that time. Lots more now. Might be able to see the o-ring with a bore scope. I'll attempt it when I'm bored myself next winter. Anybody try a bore scope inspection yet?
Steve-O

Back