VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I see a few of you guys have some good ideas on a tank bag. I'm looking for something that will slip onto my sissybar. I've seen one made by Kuryakyn that has a pocket sewn into it and it will slide right over the top of the bar. I looked on their website but can't seem to find it.

Anyone have any suggestions on something similar that isn't huge. I'd like it to be big enough to hold my jacket and a few misc odds n ends

Try out Wolfman luggage's mini rambler backrest bag.
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tail/mini_rambler.html
I'm looking at getting their beta rear bag after my 12 day trip this year. I'd like to have more space options than the Tourmaster roll duffel that I used and this unit seems to combine the tail bag and saddlebags into one. With their mounting system and addon bags the possibilities are endless!

Try out Wolfman luggage's mini rambler backrest bag.
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tail/mini_rambler.html
I'm looking at getting their beta rear bag after my 12 day trip this year. I'd like to have more space options than the Tourmaster roll duffel that I used and this unit seems to combine the tail bag and saddlebags into one. With their mounting system and addon bags the possibilities are endless!

Is this the one you have Brian? Does it come far enough out to use as a backrest if you want?

Is this the one you have Brian? Does it come far enough out to use as a backrest if you want?
No, this is the one I had at your place, a Tourmaster Deluxe Tail Bag. One problem wiht the seat bags is that they limit access to the fuel tank. I normally take my seat off to fill the tank when I have the Tourmaster on.
I don't use the Tourmaster as a backrest as I have drag bars and it pulls my upper body forward so I slightly lean into the wind. I was riding with Bruce (Almity) and at one of the stops he looks at my faceshield and asked how I kept my faceshield so clean. He has stock seat and stock bars with the factory mini shield and his face shield was covered with bug, so I had him sit on mine. He said "WHOA, this feels low". My Givi windshield give me better coverage because I sit lower, lean forward into the wind envelope the givi creates( somewhat anyways) due to the drag bars. I can ride 500+ miles with my setup fairly comfortably, although i am contemplating a slightly larger windshield for those long trips where I would have multiple 500+ mile days.
If I were to want a backrest I wouldn't count on luggage doing it for me, I would have a purpose built backrest (like Mark has) and test it for positioning before I took off on any long trips.

Dont mean to bring up an old thread, but been searching the forums for info on a good sissy bar bag and theres just so many options. Just looking for something not too big, but big enough to hold lunch and thermos for goin to work and a hat and tool kit.

Anyone ever get this Kurakyn? I think I like this one...thx for any input

I'm thinking I like this bag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2hW9vRTOSc&feature=related

Not too big and it slips right over the sissybar. It can hang off the backside without the need of a luggage rack for support so I can ride 2 up and carry some things.

I see a few on ebay for under $100. Its tempting me...

Nelson-Rigg makes some and they have the best warranty in the business. There are more manufacturers of these type bags than you can shake a stick at since HD riders use this type bag. Almost every HD has a sissybar. newenough has good prices.

Back