slippage at high RPMS after clutch and slave replacement?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I've replaced all the frictions in my bike with new ones (including swapping the half disk for a full one) and did the DD mod while I was at it. I've also replaced slave cylinder with a brand new one. Changed all the hydro fluid as well. I'm still experiencing a real HARD and QUICK slip at higher RPMS mainly in 2nd through 4th gears. I was told that I need to check my lines, master, and slave. I have no clue why it wouldn't do this in 1st gear, and I can't really get the rpms up high enough in 5th to check for it there.

I was thinking about this....and I remember noticing that there is a small damp spot on the ground directly underneath where the slave cylinder is located on the bike. I wonder....would some kind of a leak in the lines or slave cause the slippage? I'm thinking that in the A.M I am going to take the middle gear cover off and investigate.

can't help man but interested where this goes. this must be such a headache.

I was thinking about this....and I remember noticing that there is a small damp spot on the ground directly underneath where the slave cylinder is located on the bike. I wonder....would some kind of a leak in the lines or slave cause the slippage? I'm thinking that in the A.M I am going to take the middle gear cover off and investigate.

its your only hint. go with it man.... i can't think of anything else it might be.

can u run the bike w/out the middle gear cover?

if so, pop the rear end up enough and run it thru a couple gears, and see if u see any liquids or anything. take all the body work off to. watch the whole clutch line.

its your only hint. go with it man.... i can't think of anything else it might be.

can u run the bike w/out the middle gear cover?

if so, pop the rear end up enough and run it thru a couple gears, and see if u see any liquids or anything. take all the body work off to. watch the whole clutch line.

I dont think that's possible. With the middle gear cover off, oil will leak out all over the place. Plus I don't have a center stand or anything else that I can get the rear tire off the ground with.

I dont think that's possible. With the middle gear cover off, oil will leak out all over the place. Plus I don't have a center stand or anything else that I can get the rear tire off the ground with.

u could use jack stands?

try actuating the clutch handle when the bike is off and using a mechanics stethescope and listen for ANYTHING? or rolling the bike in N or something? grasping at straws.

Oh....and I'm not too sure you want to do that. My carbs still aren't tuned right yet! lol

ok., nvm. abort abort!

also, maybe try a completely different engine oil? for whatever reason maybe ur clutch doesn't like it.

This is actually something I take for granted since I never use synthetic but some do. What kind of oil do you use??

Sean

I got the fact that I have to check my lines, reservoir, master, etc. I just don't know WHAT I'm checking for :confused2:

How full is your resevoir. Too full can actually partially apply pressure and let it slip.

Sean

How full is your resevoir. Too full can actually partially apply pressure and let it slip.

Sean

It's not too full. I can clearly see the bubble through the glass window. It HAD been originally full ABOVE the glass window. Last time I bled out the lines was when I added new fluid and a new slave, and I made sure to keep the fluid level in the reservoir where I could see it through that glass window.

I will have to try and read everything you have done already. I don't remember what clutch discs you used or what spring setup you have. I know you removed the half plate and small parts. Refresh me again what you have done. Worst case I will send you test parts to swap out.

Sean

I will have to try and read everything you have done already. I don't remember what clutch discs you used or what spring setup you have. I know you removed the half plate and small parts. Refresh me again what you have done. Worst case I will send you test parts to swap out.

Sean

I did replace the half disc with a full one. They are all the OEM discs. Got rid of the retainer wire, as well as the other 2 pieces that fit inside of the half disc. I have 2 OEM springs in the clutch currently. I had the original steels beadblasted. The problem was the same before they were beadblasted as it is now afterwards. I've replaced the slave cylinder with a brand new one. Changed all the brake fluid in the system just a few months back. I think that is all.

what happens when you open the bleed screw without touching the lever? If it squirts out then you have some residual pressure being kept in the line.

Sean

Is this the synthetic or the mineral kind?

That's a good question. Without having the jug in front of me, I couldn't tell you. I will have to double check that one.

what happens when you open the bleed screw without touching the lever? If it squirts out then you have some residual pressure being kept in the line.

Sean

I will check that tonight. My night is going to be devoted to hunting down this problem. I have a friend with a MightyVac and I'm gonna have him bring it over and I'm going to replace all the brake fluid just for shits. Hopefully there IS residual pressure in the lines. That would be an easy fix!

Latest posts

Back