So Stupid....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Ever wonder what happens when you plug the 19volt plug that is supposed to charge your laptop into the 4-port USB hub's power socket, when it's plugged into the laptop?

An unscheduled visit to BestBuy to buy a new laptop, that's what!:bang head:

Webcam, hard drive and memory are not damaged. I wanted to get an external drive anyway, so the drive from the recently departed computer is still useful. I'm gonna put the dead machine on Fleabay - looks like it may get me about $75.00 or so.

Wound up getting a Samsung, Quad-Core A6 AMD machine, Win7 64 bit, 500GB, 4GB ram. $395.00. Not a bad price, and I love the machine already, but I'd rather not have had to buy it just yet.....

wow, did it just shut down or did you get some fireworks too?
I did something similar with my guitar's effects pedal. pissed me right off.

Years ago I had a local shop build for me an AMD Athlon tower for home, it still works fine today as it's a 64 bit back when Intel was still using 32 bit as their base. Set up in a RAID O for parallel processing, it has been a workhorse for years. No terabyte memory or 4GB short term memory, the graphics is old, but still working fine. I like AMD, good design & value. Good luck for yours. I have a HP laptop for work, brand-new about a yr. ago but I find an iPad is easier to use/carry in the hospital than a laptop.

Did you check inside the laptop for damage? Sometimes there is an inline fuse on the PS so it might have blown.

I wound up getting $76.00 for the laptop, after Fleabay and Paypal fees, wound up with about $65.00, which I sent to Bestbuy as partial payment on the Samsung, which by the way, is an excellent laptop.

I'm glad you picked up a nice laptop Bill, I am looking for something in a laptop as well, although I may wait until this summer. There will be a price cut on current technology ( I suspect) as the ultrabook style of laptops promise a whole new crop of the latest tech( ultra fast boot up @ 7Secs/ less than a inch thick/ at least 5 hrs of battery life). I'm guessing that a $2000 laptop will be discounted to below $1k, at least that is what I'm hoping for!!:punk:

Latest posts

Back