Speeding ticket etiquette

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was plain old busted cresting a gentle slope around 90. I look in the rear view, see the dust from the U-turn in the median and then red lights behind me. I am on a open country four laner with little to no traffic so what do think I did... Thats right, a quick blast to 140 and the red lights got very small very fast. If riding in a pack, I would not want to be last nor first. If in a wide open area and low risk to others, I think I nail it. Yes this puts a cops life at risk so don't send me no hate mail. In a group, no one cop can pull over a pack so it's the first one to pull that gets the lecture and paperwork. My only hope is that the first one to pull over gets credit for for pulling over and gets a warning. As far as diming out my co-riders, "yes officer, the guys I was riding with are named Odieoh, 82nd, KJ, Buster and Maleko. I don't know their last names..."

When in dounbt...Gas it!!!
THATS FUNNY ! ( ODIEO,82ND,KJ,BUSTER,MALEKO, :rofl_200:, ) I WAS DRIVING MY GSXR1100 , THE ONE I USED TO DRAG RACE ,WITH A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE ON HIS HONDA , HE ONLY HAD HIS PERMIT , WE TAKE OFF FROM A LIGHT , IN BROAD DAYLIGHT , I WINED THROUGH THE GEARS & I CANT SEE HIM IN MY MIRROR ANYMORE , I PULL OVER ( AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGEMENT ) 3 MINUTES LATER HE IS BEING ESCOURTED BY A COP UP TO ME , I'M THINKING SHIT I'M SCREWED ! COP GETS OUT ( OLDER COP , THANK GOD ) HE SAY'S LICENS , REG & INSURANCE, WE GIVE HIM ALL THE STUFF , HE LOOKS AT ME & SAYS HOW FAST WERE YOU GOING ? I SAID HONESTLY ( WITH MY FINGERS CROSSED ) 120 MPH, ( I WAS DOING OVER 150 ) HE SAID I NEW YOU WERE FLYING, I COULD'NT SEE YOU BUT I COULD HEAR YOU ! I THOUGHT I WAS DOOMED ! HE SAID WHATS THE BIG HURRY , I SAID WERE TRYING TO BEAT THE RAIN , & WE ALL CHUCKLED ! HE LOOKED AT OUR PAPER WORK & SAID LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT ,YOUR HIS LICENSED DRIVER ALSO , YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME , WE ALL LAUGHED, HE SAID JUST SLOW DOWN & GET HOME SAFE ! CHUCKLED , HANDED US OUR PAPER WORK & LEFT , YOU COULD HAVE PUSHED ME OVER WITH A FEATHER ! BUT I WAS'NT ALWAYS THAT LUCKY ! MY BIKES WERE IMPOUNDED A FEW TIMES ! UNTILL I BECAME A " RUNNER " :punk:

I don't understand running from the cops in the first place. What have you done that is so wrong? Popped a wheelie, burning the back tire, speeding? None of those things are that bad, if you pull over and act like an adult and treat the cop with respect he might not even give you a ticket.
"LOL" I HAVE 4 PAGE'S OF PULLING OVER !:rofl_200:

Last edited:
wow i wonder why the F this thread stopped? did everyone turn pink belly and stop having great stories. maybe everyone got stopped and thrown into jail bahahahah.

so stopping while in a group, thats a no-way. if the cop gets one or two of you or the first guy/last guy which ever why the hell would you confess, pull over and walk into the lions den, seriously what the F..... i wasnt speeding it must have been that other guy :biglaugh: you gotta be a chump to give in and stop with the group and all get a fine, wait til he points you out/cuts you off/sets up a road block what ever but just to stop cause he stops someone else infront of you or behind is totally gay. Do you stop if your driving and your buddy in another car infront of you acts like a hero and gets nailed, you pull over also right there so the bobbies can go through your stuff and give you a hard time....... i think not.

I was once with a buddy, we where waiting til it was super late to go line up the hot rods to test his car against mine with his new cam/head set up. with the cops sitting kiddy corner to the parking lot we were in at the coffee dispenser we finally found a window to pull out of the spot and cruise down the road hit the side road, nice long stretch(over 2 miles) good pavement no intersecting roads and all industrial spots in the middle of nowhere. anyways we pull onto this road, look behind us and nothing for a mile but a lonely mini van coming but super far, we got time to line up , heat the tires a little and go....... so as im going thru second gear i look up in the mirror, im just about to see my friend in it cause he is not next to my window anymore(hahahah slow chev...sucker) and i see that mini van way closer then it should be...... thats ok some hero wants to live the dream, has a family and wants to live a little dangerous cause he sees us stretching our legs a little, thats cool what ever back to the tuning session, thru third and a little past the 1/4 mile and my grin cant be any bigger as once again im way out front hahahaha so what the hell is that mini van doing going that fast and pulling up to us as we are slowing down........... ooohhh yaa i forgot those F%^&#r have caravans and low and behold the cherries turn on....... well been here before and sorry the instinct in a muscle car with blue and red in the backround is kill the lights and punch it...... well as it was dark as hell and a long stretch with the only turn comming up we would see so no bother with the lights put sure did hit it.... option 1 take the turn, takes us back to where we were sitting and ya those three cop cars sitting there, that wont be smart or merge onto the highway and go like hell........ i mean im infront anyways still so gotta chase two of us so 50/50 shot who he goes after.

my buddy goes for a bit then decides to stop, as i see him slow down i figure the cops gonna tell him to wait for his buddies to show up an dcome after me(again been here done that ) so as i wait for the heart to start beating faster with the lights after me..... they dont, he decides to stop with my buddy......... cool well maybe they got a convoy waiting for em so i dont wait im GONE!!!!!!!!

anyways talk to my buddy next morning and before i called him felt bad for about 3 secs hahahah and he told me the story of what happened and all i could say to him and the rest of friends after i heard his version and the questions to me if i felt bad and would split his tkt.... i said well sorry man no way its your tkt we both besides to take the chance and go for it plus to turn the knife, add the salt to all this i said "look man if you would have a faster car and was ahead of me you would have got away and no tkt" BAHAHHAHHAHAAHAH for real so thats the price for spending money on your car and not making it quick enough :rofl_200::rofl_200: for real we still talk about that and i still add salt to the wound if i smell blood hahahahahah SUCKER!!!!!! ...... im sure some of you will have comments about this but hey race is a race and the faster guy wins end of story.

awesome, gonna have to use that one next time, sorry officer im from germany in my best bavarian accent....... hahahahha

Ok i got a story for ya and ordinarily i am not the type to do anything this stupid but given the situation it seemed more logical (wat dosent seem logical when your sitting on 110 ponys ha). Im leaving for boot camp n a week now and i knew if i got anymore tickets any brushes with the law i couldn't join the military. Im taking one more ride to the gas station to fill top off the tank and add some stabilizer to the tank. On the way back im doin 55 in top gear i grined and said wtf and gunned it. This on my b.f.e. country road where no cops are ever found im cooking away at 130 ish at witch point i couldnt see anything out of my mirror s but in an effort to make sure i grab the mirror as hard as i could to settel the vibrations. I could see just the faintest blury lights that apeared to be atleast 2 miles away. I was thinking no way is he on me but just to be sure i strolled around a few country blocks and then parked at my house. I parked my bike and not but 15 minutes later a cop pulls up in my drive way. Im just confused how in the helllll did this guy get my tag that far back. The officer gets out of his walks up to me and hands me my debit card "here you go you left this at the fuelmart." He never did make the connection of me being the guy on the bike hahaha talk about a heart stoper

Ok i got a story for ya and ordinarily i am not the type to do anything this stupid but given the situation it seemed more logical (wat dosent seem logical when your sitting on 110 ponys ha). Im leaving for boot camp n a week now and i knew if i got anymore tickets any brushes with the law i couldn't join the military. Im taking one more ride to the gas station to fill top off the tank and add some stabilizer to the tank. On the way back im doin 55 in top gear i grined and said wtf and gunned it. This on my b.f.e. country road where no cops are ever found im cooking away at 130 ish at witch point i couldnt see anything out of my mirror s but in an effort to make sure i grab the mirror as hard as i could to settel the vibrations. I could see just the faintest blury lights that apeared to be atleast 2 miles away. I was thinking no way is he on me but just to be sure i strolled around a few country blocks and then parked at my house. I parked my bike and not but 15 minutes later a cop pulls up in my drive way. Im just confused how in the helllll did this guy get my tag that far back. The officer gets out of his walks up to me and hands me my debit card "here you go you left this at the fuelmart." He never did make the connection of me being the guy on the bike hahaha talk about a heart stoper

dang dude my heart raced just reading that. i used to get pulled over all the time last year and the year before on my magnas. now on the max(which is way faster) i havent been pulled over yet. im doing wheelies through intewrsections in town and after stop signs with a lot of people around. oh and i race people at lights too. no tickets yet at all LOL never even bat an eyelash at me

I don't have "pulled over" story, but I do have one about being parked at a hotel, which just happened to be hosting the Ontario Provincial Police motorcycle demonstration group, aka the "Golden Helmets".

A few of us were hanging around outside of our room, including another member here who for the sake of his reputation shall remain nameless, having a couple of beers and shooting the shit about our running around that day at the Parry Sound Sportbike rally. Now as most of you know Toxic isn't exactly the most street legal bike in the world:biglaugh:, and as we are sitting there these other guys start sitting down around us and chatting it up. Unbeknownst to me these guys were the Golden Helmets gents. Of course what do I do but start bragging about my bike and talking smack. All went great until one of them recognized me, from a prior incident where I had official contact with the popo:bang head:. Now don't get me wrong, he is actually one hell of a nice guy, but it is quite embarassing to have him go "Hey wait a minute I know you.......". OOOOOPPPPPPS:bang head: Then they all start looking up close and personal at Toxic. And of course they start talking about all those neat little tickets that they could write me for vehicle violations (no mirrors, illegal plate mount, no light on the plate, and the list went ON AND ON) that they figured would add up to the neat tidy little sum of about $1200!!!!:damn angry: What REALLY didn't help was my good buddy pointing out everything to them!!! Of course afterwards we all shared a good laugh as they told me they wouldn't actually ticket me unless I was an asshole to them. Actually really enjoyed the evening with them and even had breakfast with them in the morning.......

something about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer eh Jim hahahah

This isn't a speeding, or even racing story. Just a story about a really cool cop!!

I was working 2nd shift at a small machine shop in Newark Delaware, and lived in Wilmington so there were a couple different highways I had to take to get back & forth. On one ramp, there was a $.25 basket toll (unmaned) that I would fling a quarter in on the way through. At that time there was nothing else in the area except a couple highways, no buildings of any kind, nothing but black empty night! I thought, "this is kinda dumb, throw a quarter in the basket every night, shit there isn't another human being for miles.....Eff-it!"

So I went blasting through, almost instantly red lights came on behind me....no headlights or parking lights....just the red strobes. I thought, "where the hell did he come from!!" I stopped and this shadowy figure kinda appeared beside my car, bends down and peers in the open window at me saying, "You didn't put a quarter in the basket.....did you?"

"No sir, I didn't" I replied.....he wags his finger back & forth saying "Always put your quarter in the basket!!" Then he just fades back into the dark night!! The red lights went off and it was pitch black behind me again!

Not one time after that did I try saving another quarter.....I sure as hell did not want to run into THAT guy again!! To this day I'm not 100% convinced he was even real!!:rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200: i was gonna say Dan that you sure about what you saw???? the 80's had some funky stuff floating around in the air. If you dont believe me then you should check out what happens at your place every spring:ummm::confused2::biglaugh::rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200: i was gonna say Dan that you sure about what you saw???? the 80's had some funky stuff floating around in the air. If you dont believe me then you should check out what happens at your place every spring:ummm::confused2::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Well Rov, that's very true!! In fact I more'n likely had on little round blue glasses and long shaggy hair at the time, and it was before the 80's too....when shit was REALLY wild!! :smoke000::wacko: :sleep 2: :eek:h yeah:

Well Rov, that's very true!! In fact I more'n likely had on little round blue glasses and long shaggy hair at the time, and it was before the 80's too....when shit was REALLY wild!! :smoke000::wacko: :sleep 2: :eek:h yeah:
It's true, I was there, I'm pretty sure, had to of been!:confused2: It all just seems kinda foggy now, all I rememeber is listening to LZ, 2112, Ummagumma and having good times!:punk:

This isn't a speeding, or even racing story. Just a story about a really cool cop!!

I was working 2nd shift at a small machine shop in Newark Delaware, and lived in Wilmington so there were a couple different highways I had to take to get back & forth. On one ramp, there was a $.25 basket toll (unmaned) that I would fling a quarter in on the way through. At that time there was nothing else in the area except a couple highways, no buildings of any kind, nothing but black empty night! I thought, "this is kinda dumb, throw a quarter in the basket every night, shit there isn't another human being for miles.....Eff-it!"

So I went blasting through, almost instantly red lights came on behind me....no headlights or parking lights....just the red strobes. I thought, "where the hell did he come from!!" I stopped and this shadowy figure kinda appeared beside my car, bends down and peers in the open window at me saying, "You didn't put a quarter in the basket.....did you?"

"No sir, I didn't" I replied.....he wags his finger back & forth saying "Always put your quarter in the basket!!" Then he just fades back into the dark night!! The red lights went off and it was pitch black behind me again!

Not one time after that did I try saving another quarter.....I sure as hell did not want to run into THAT guy again!! To this day I'm not 100% convinced he was even real!!:rofl_200:

I'll have what he's having. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back