Speedo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I like my language :) easier for me to type it than think what I want to say in English :) although one would see that as a problem since I've lived in the states since I was 3.5 (I'm 21 now)

Here you go the pics you've wanted:
dsc02950s.jpg

dsc02949t.jpg

Sorry G, you right. We should speak in english.

He was asking about pics of speed sensor instaled and about dificulty of electrical instalation of this speedo.

Last edited:
Przemek, did you drill holes to mount the magnets? or is it one without magnets?

Magnets are perfectly matched into socket from rotor bolt where 6mm allen wrench goes.

How do you mean - do they fit into the allen heads or in place of the bolts?

And I was just teasing with the french - u guys can type in Polish all day long I think it looks really cool :biglaugh:

And I was just teasing with the french - u guys can type in Polish all day long I think it looks really cool :biglaugh:
its rude though :p

Something like that:

notitlel.jpg

I know some french, poorly but, personaly i dont like that language :)

Polish language is one of the most complicated languags in the world.
Id rther to use english tousend times more :)

Like Marek said its rude, its an US forum an we should speak in english :)

Przemek, where's that picture of the magnets? I want an actual pic not drawn out

if you look closely at the rotor bolts you'll see the magnets inserted. i used superglue so they would stay firm and have had no problems at a little over 1500 miles

cheers odieoh24

Attachments

• DSCN4362[1].jpg
    DSCN4362[1].jpg
    74 KB · Views: 73
Any updates to getting a fuel sender that actually measures tank level in our bikes???

I was thinking, maybe I shouldnt do that, anyways some Yamaha bikes actually have fuel gauges and in the tank is a fuel sending unit that has a float. Does anyone know how these work???
I am assuming it is just a variable resistor that changes as fuel level does? Could something like that be used to work with one of these Speedos???
Some of them arent that expensive either. I found one for $45 from a 2002 Midnight Star. Looks like the mounting holes would be the same for our tanks.
Anyone that has one of these Speedos willing to pick one up and see if it works???
Cheers

I have a spare tank but still do not have cbr fuel pump so i cant give you any details. That is for my winter project.

Anyway on the market you wil find mosty 100Ohm and 510Ohm level sensors.

My Koso speedo can work with both.

Yes, fuel level sesnors are just like typical potentiometer, no problem here.

Problems starts with instalig new pump or new sensor into v-max gas tank.
Propably you cant do this without cuting and welding the tank.

I promise that i will give you specific details from my cbr pump instalation but little later ... :)

marecki said:
Hey Polska, hows the build going

A lipa...

Im working and working, i would gladly get back on the road but dont have all required pats, still awaiting...

A lipa...

Im working and working, i would gladly get back on the road but dont have all required pats, still awaiting...
that sucks, one of worst parts about europe, gotta wait for parts for a long time... 1mth or so... huh

You have to trace all the old leads to match them to the new speedo/tach. Remember, for every bit of info you read,there is connection. Eg, turn signals,fuel level, oil temp, water temp, brights, etc. There is a simple magnet that goes o. The rotor that sends the speed signal. Tach is taken from a coil wire. Date and time are about the only items that don't require a hook up. Then you have to calibrate the signals you are getting by going through the computer logic built into the instrument hence the studying. I say if you can read an electrical schematic, you can do it! PM if you have further questions. Patmax

Latest posts

Back