Stage 7 Synchronization

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88redmax

Reaction score
I've got an 88 vmax with a Dynojet Stage 7 Kit that was installed by a previous owner. V-boost has been eliminated, and it's got individual K & N filters. I need to know what the proper method is for synchronizing the carbs with this set up. It seems like I would need the v-boost butterflies back in it and have them closed to sync the carbs, and then pull them out after the fact. Right now, I've just been playing with it until I see the diaphragms pulling the slides equally, and that seems to work well, but I'm no expert by any stretch. On another thread, someone mentioned a Weber synchrometer, but I wasn't sure what that is or how it is different from the mercury sticks, vacuum gauges, etc.

you could probably also use a 2-port and match the front two and the rear two and call it a day.

You're correct Brian, that is what Rovic was using. Not sure how easy they are to use....adjusting the sync on one carb will affect the others, right?

88redmax...have the v-boost valves been removed or was the system just disabled and valves left in place?

ya yoru right guys it was what i used. easy to use and think it worked pretty good just needed a little more time with it, as the adaptor i got is not a perfect seal but its super sensitve anyways the gauge.

im hopeing to use it more this year and get it dialed in. if you can get a old set of vbosst valves and just wire it open and close them for tune you can use the motion pro-ish devices out there. but if you dont have it id say its the next best thing and with that tool and yoru method of watching the slides move you will get it right on.

see danny i said the BRC tuning tool would be popular hahahahah quick off to the bike cave for proto time :)

ya yoru right guys it was what i used. easy to use and think it worked pretty good just needed a little more time with it, as the adaptor i got is not a perfect seal but its super sensitve anyways the gauge.

im hopeing to use it more this year and get it dialed in. if you can get a old set of vbosst valves and just wire it open and close them for tune you can use the motion pro-ish devices out there. but if you dont have it id say its the next best thing and with that tool and yoru method of watching the slides move you will get it right on.

how was my 2-port'er to use?

was a bit off i think, be about the same as using the carb tune and just using two of the four lines. the ball in yours was sticking a little so not always smooth plus i was having other issues with my bike at the time so hard to tell garrett.

i finally got tired of guessing and installed the v boost back in and went with the maxi boost set up that way i can keep the valves closed to synk and run them fully opened or 6k set up runs way better now.

Latest posts

Back