Starter problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is that first quoted video. I just needed to let the impact driver work on it a bit more and tighten the bolts. It came right off in my hand on the next tap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

on top of the "important" list are the bolts you use to fasten the puller to the flywheel. they really need to be grade M8, else you will create another project for yourself.

If you go and get one remember there's always coupons to be used ..save some greens you know what I mean..

Yes me to will check on the coupons thanks. I may just run up there today to take wifie out to eatf. plus I have to re-paint the back porch.

on top of the "important" list are the bolts you use to fasten the puller to the flywheel. they really need to be grade M8, else you will create another project for yourself.

Thanks ninjaneer man this is so funny I tighten down some this morning tap it.
But man I keep seening the video on youtube where it jump off and hit the guy's car. That's a lot of force.

Thanks ninjaneer man this is so funny I tighten down some this morning tap it.
But man I keep seening the video on youtube where it jump off and hit the guy's car. That's a lot of force.

just dont park the bike next to a car. get one of your wife sofa cushions if feel inclined. :) dont stand in front of the flywheel and you will be fine. LOL

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I just finished my starter clutch replacement 2 weeks ago, the old clutch was a BI**H to get off, got the flywheel puller to the point where the clutch BLEW OFF the engine with amazing force! shot across the 2 car garage and hit the drywall! Glad my car was out in the drive way... all fixed up and working great now...

zy7enu2e.jpg

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

Man this is funny, ran to my house and pick the impact gun used it on the pulley tap the puller. Nothing happen went in side to eat came back out side it was off on the ground. :biglaugh: :eusa_dance: me happy Man the screws was real loose.

The stater clutch is not crack.

jwood what are all the screws inside your fly wheel

What size screws are these.

What's the best way to keep the screws from back out again.

Attachments

• vmax starter clutch puller1.JPG
    vmax starter clutch puller1.JPG
    541 KB · Views: 31
  • vmax starter clutch puller2.JPG
    vmax starter clutch puller2.JPG
    429.7 KB · Views: 29
  • vmax starter clutch puller3.JPG
    vmax starter clutch puller3.JPG
    489.5 KB · Views: 29
  • vmax starter clutch puller5.JPG
    vmax starter clutch puller5.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 29
  • vmax starter clutch puller6.JPG
    vmax starter clutch puller6.JPG
    510.4 KB · Views: 28
  • vmax starter clutch puller4.JPG
    vmax starter clutch puller4.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 27
Man this is funny, ran to my house and pick the impact gun used it on the pulley tap the puller. Nothing happen went in side to eat came back out side it was off on the ground. :biglaugh: :eusa_dance:
MAN I hate you. Just kidding. Congratulations!!!!!
What's the best way to keep the screws from back out again.
look at that other video i posted. sean shows you how to "properly" peen these bolts so that they don't back out again. the fatory robots sure were lazy they day they peened yours. I put a little "loc tite" on mine as well as peening. i've read that some guys weld theirs down. :confused2:

You know...this is what I love about this forum....good information being shared for everyone to use.

You know...this is what I love about this forum....good information being shared for everyone to use.

Yes yes yes, me happy that's for sure. Thanks to all guy's here....

MAN I hate you. Just kidding. Congratulations!!!!!

look at that other video i posted. sean shows you how to "properly" peen these bolts so that they don't back out again. the fatory robots sure were lazy they day they peened yours. I put a little "loc tite" on mine as well as peening. i've read that some guys weld theirs down. :confused2:

funny sometimes I hate me to.

Thanks brother vmaxer's, the brother hood of vmax ride on my brothers.

This is the Sprague Conversation clutch available from Sean, I should never have to deal with a starter clutch issue again!

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

Thanks jwood for the info

I didn't peen them, just added a bit of red loc-tite to the bolts.

Synthetic oil seems to make the problem worse. Even after fixing mine, when I was running mobil 1 it would still sometimes "miss" and freewheel, always when the engine was cold and usually in cooler weather. In winter, it would usually take several tries for it to go. I switched to regular rotella and this problem completely vanished, never had another issue with the starter slipping.

Seems like 15w40 rotella fixes a few problems I use it in the summer and 5w40 syn in the winter not as thick for easy starts ..

I use 15w40 rotella oil in all my transports

You even use it on your back porch :biglaugh: your gonna kick your ass to the couch :rofl_200:

Funny good 1.....

marsmax85 here's picture of the motor in the 1984 mazda RX7

372 mopar

Attachments

• motorlift.jpg
    motorlift.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back