Starter Relay Works... No Start?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that could be the reason why my pump would run ALOT every time I turned the key. It's only supposed to fun until the bowls are full right?

Correct, about 3-4 turns of the key off and on and it should slow down and stop.

Sean

well, NOW i got gas! Too much me thinks or my floats are a little sticky and they are stuck open. I just put the pump back together and back in the bike. It still clicks but i start hearing some gurgles and then smell the gas!

well, NOW i got gas! Too much me thinks or my floats are a little sticky and they are stuck open. I just put the pump back together and back in the bike. It still clicks but i start hearing some gurgles and then smell the gas!
good stuff man :punk: now that the bowls are seeing gas, i bet the floats are sticky from being soo dry for soo long. tap them with the mallet and keep doing it while she runs, might get lucky and they unstick.

i really think she's getting gas... ohhh yea lots of gas.
ZineStuff974.jpg

ZineStuff973.jpg

I think my floats are stuck down like i said before

Rubber mallet time. Tap the carbs a few times while it's running and see if that jars them loose.

Sean

well, i pounded on them and unsticing is a no go. I'll have to pull the bowl and wiggle them around

I'm putting her back together today cosmetically. I'm gonna do the carbs saturday. Tomorrow I have a paper to write and a police ride along to schedule so I figure I'll do it the day I'll be dirty anyway, changing brake drums on anya's (my girlfriend) car

in my cosmetic reconstruction I found this!

It's a long black wire that says Hoosier wire with a white wrap on a portion with a plus on it. It goes under the.... positive (+?) cable on the battery. It wasn't connected to anything. Anyone know what it's for / where it goes?

ZineStuff975.jpg

The two wires coming off the bottom of the terminal are a part of the wire running to the connector.

ZineStuff976.jpg

There's the plus on it

ZineStuff977.jpg

It's about a foot and a half or so long

ZineStuff978.jpg

That's the connector on it.

Any ideas?

almost looks like P/O might have had it rigged up for a battary tender or charger, quick connect. Is the other wire on that connector hooked up to a ground or the neg of batt??? if it is im sure thats what it is.

almost looks like P/O might have had it rigged up for a battary tender or charger, quick connect. Is the other wire on that connector hooked up to a ground or the neg of batt??? if it is im sure thats what it is.

Yeah, me thinks it's a battery tender socket

Looks exactly like the battery tenders I sell. Quick connect.

Sean

ah alrighty so it's nothing important, i should look for a tender, those are handy

No one mentioned having a FULLY charged battery!!! If it is weak, it might have enough juice to make it click, but not enough cranking amps to turn it over. Cheap fix too!!

I do have the tenders on sale occassionally. Somewhere between $25-$40 and up depending on the unit.

Sean

No one mentioned having a FULLY charged battery!!! If it is weak, it might have enough juice to make it click, but not enough cranking amps to turn it over. Cheap fix too!!

a little slow on the response there, the solenoid has been diagnosed as the problem. If it didn't have enough cranking amps or whatever while it was hooked to jumper cables then there's something else that's wrong

Latest posts

Back