Stator difference

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

355cid

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the differences between the older 1FK-81410-11-00 stator vs. the later 3UF-81410-10-00 version and wil they interchange? There is a sizeable difference in price through Yamahammer.

It will definitely fit and believe it puts out the same wattage. Perhaps just new components.

If replacing the stator, venture stators put out more amp & fit all years vmax up to 2007.

Get one from Rick's Electrics. I got mine off an ebay seller for $150 shipped. I think that's less than half what stealerships want for one. It said for a Venture, it fit right in my Vmax no problem. Only quibble is the wire grommet doesn't fit as snugly as I would have liked, I supplemented it with a little RTV.

But now you have Venture output, couple that with a good mosfet R/R and you'll never have a charging problem again. Perfect 14.4 volts from about 1500RPM on up, and 13.5 idling with fan on.

I bought one from python and it worked great but like Ryan said the wire grommett doesnt fit snugly. I tried to Rtv it, but i always seemed to have a small oil drip. I recently replaced it with another one, If you want to buy the one from Python from me i will give you a great deal on it.

I bought one from python and it worked great but like Ryan said the wire grommett doesnt fit snugly. I tried to Rtv it, but i always seemed to have a small oil drip. I recently replaced it with another one, If you want to buy the one from Python from me i will give you a great deal on it.

Even with the stock stator I've seen the dealer mechanic use black RTV to seal the grommet so it doesn't leak. the area has to be cleaned of any oil residue to get a good seal.

It's normal procedure for that grommet. It's in the service manual. Stay away from the Electrolex stator. That grommet is way too small and no amount of RTV would prevent leakage.

Thanks people, this site is better than any tool I have in my garage.

Can anybody tell me the differences between the older 1FK-81410-11-00 stator vs. the later 3UF-81410-10-00 version and wil they interchange? There is a sizeable difference in price through Yamahammer.

They should interchange. I know the earlier stators came with a cloth covered wire which the oil in the stator cover would wick into and create a small drip under the bike. Yammy finally changed over to a plasticized insulation on the wire. That may account for the difference in the stator part number.

So you guys think a stator from a '98 should work on my '86 and will plug into my rectifier o.k.? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back