Stock Exhaust Benefits?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anything louder then Cobras ? I looked at a Max years ago with these pipes. Man, that prick roared. Needless to say, I didn't get to really test the performance factor but I know they rape hp. I don't think I'd wanna give up any performance for sound -even with the drill mod, they don't really do much for the sound smile factor. But those Cobras actually made me think the Max was going to be too dangerous to ride. I know different now, but at that time it sure gave me the "holy f@ck" as I plugged my ears :drool:

Is there anything louder then Cobras ? I looked at a Max years ago with these pipes. Man, that prick roared. Needless to say, I didn't get to really test the performance factor but I know they rape hp. I don't think I'd wanna give up any performance for sound -even with the drill mod, they don't really do much for the sound smile factor. But those Cobras actually made me think the Max was going to be too dangerous to ride. I know different now, but at that time it sure gave me the "holy f@ck" as I plugged my ears :drool:

My Trapps are pretty loud. Of course, when you are wide open and ripping the sounds seems less intrusive as you are trailing it in your wake. It is when you are cruising steadily that it hammers your helmet. :biglaugh:

Mike

See I think the Cobras are quiet...:whistlin: Trapps are louder out of the box IMO and sound better too. The Cobras you heard may have been drilled out.:confused2:

Not sure, they could have been drilled. The dude never said. I just assumed they were the loudest. To me it sounded like straight pipes. They were way too loud for me.

I've heard 'em all and to me the kerker; with who knows how many baffles;,probabaly none, was loudest, and most annoying.
The Cobra I heard was not as loud as the full systems I've heard.

To me, strictly opinion, nothing sounds as good as a full HMF, UFO, or Marks.
The UFO, I think, is the loudest of the bunch
The Marks is almost as loud but a little deeper sounding.

Rusty

I put on the kerker slipons and they have some bark to them. The outlet is 1.5" each, slightly larger than stock but it doesn't seem to affect the carbs.

I read the spark plugs and they look perfectly normal, no white, no black, no brown - just a regular plug. I mostly didn't want to get into major tuning.

I put on the kerker slipons and they have some bark to them. The outlet is 1.5" each, slightly larger than stock but it doesn't seem to affect the carbs.

I read the spark plugs and they look perfectly normal, no white, no black, no brown - just a regular plug. I mostly didn't want to get into major tuning.
your smart with the plug reading i was always happy when plugs looked like they came out of the box with gas ring deep down inside

Latest posts

Back