Stock mirrors fix!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
If you are like me the stock mirrors shows more of my shoulders than what is behind me,
My solution is bending the mirror stems,
1-It is easy just disassemble the mirror ,
2-Remove the mirror so you have the stem in your hands
3-Now get two pluming pipes 1.5 inch internal diameter will do or any strong walled pipe two ft long to make it easier.
4- Wrap the stems with a rag to protect the finish then place the ends of the mirror stem one in each pipe.
5- place it on a hard floor and start bending SLOWLY , make it close to 100*.
It could be done in many ways but this is the way I did it. You can do both at the same time using bigger tubes but zip tie the stems together at 3 points so both will bend at the same angle.

Note: The chrome on the stock mirrors is quite forgiving to being stretched so little damage to the finish could be expected but the result far out weighs the minor damage, the benefit is actually seeing what is behind you.

It has been two years since I bend the stems and being close to the beach I thought it will rust but so far no hint of rusting has occurred.
The added benefit of bending them vs bar end mirrors that you can place the mirrors more forward and glancing at them is much more comfortable than looking at the handle bar end.

Or I can sell you bent stems for $58 a pair :a014: :hihi:
________
medical marijuana

Last edited:
I don't think I'm strong enough to bend mine. Do you give a discount to seniors like $5 a piece/pair:rofl_200: ?

mikemax04 said:
I don't think I'm strong enough to bend mine. Do you give a discount to seniors like $5 a piece/pair:rofl_200: ?

It is free for riders above 70 so you still have 5 more years to go before you are eligible for free mirror stems:confused2:
I was thinking of installing mirrors on walker, they already have them with front brakes and seats:eusa_dance:
________
digital scales

Last edited:
By then I'll have the new Max and perhaps won't need to have the stems bent. You should concentrate on training wheels for the future Max for those in their golden years. Make sure to get some good bearings in them for those 150+ mph sprints us old farts will be doing. Why back in the old days when.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :sleep2:

firefly said:
It is free for riders above 70 so you still have 5 more years to go before you are eligible for free mirror stems:confused2:
I was thinking of installing mirrors on walker, they already have them with front brakes and seats:eusa_dance:

Hahaha... good point, there will probably be a growing market for people that want their walker pimped out! Bring out the spinners for the wheels!

Latest posts

Back