Suspension adjustments

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
So this 2015 VMAX is a bit tall for my tastes, will changing the settings on the stock suspension help at all? I'm already thinking about a new Corbin seat, I've heard it's a good 1/2 inch shorter, what other options do I have for lowering it?

I also have a UFO 2" lowering link I'm not going to use- And Rich (Maxgasser) is offering a cut down seat for Gen 2's now as an option. I think Sean Morely is also doing a custom cut down version of the seat.

Another thing to keep in mind, and the reason I am not going to lower mine, is when you lower it 2" or so, you start dragging expensive hard parts like the oil pan in the twistys. I found that out AFTER I bought the lowering link, so I plan to have Rich cut down my seat instead.

Yea, I think I'm going to try the seat first and go from there. I've only got a 29" inseam, and I've only had one bike in my life that I could sit on flat footed, and that's a 900 Eliminator. In stock form, this new bike is about the tallest, ranks right up there with a V65 Sabre! :punk:

I have custom seat maker a few miles away. I have 2 seats to get worked on first is a stock seat I want it taller and narrower something that makes it comfy for 2 up and the 2nd is already custom made but is as hard as rock also thinking of crocodile or something exotic ..

Mine is slammed 2in in the front and 2in in the rear, but I don't ride this bike to take corners as the other guys do, I have a different bike for that. I also have my seat cut down as low as it will go, and I would like to get the bike lower, but need a new kickstand for that. Factory shock to me sucks but at this point from what I can see no other shocks out there are any better, but they are only 2 for this bike. Seat won't help much as this bike is wide also, just be careful pushing the bike around with your feet, as I have almost dropped mine when I first got it. Now lowered I don't have that problem as I am now flat footed on her. I have the same inseam as you. But hey enjoy her as much as possible. Congrats

Retains stock cover, it's at least an inch lower

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 37
Back