Sync tool?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.carbtune.com/

the Carbtune Pro is the best - it uses 4 sticks (not liquid) to show the vacuum levels and so is totally maintenance-free. Costs about $100.

Carbtune is my favorite also G....but not totally maintenance free. Every year or so I have to take it apart and clean the internal parts with denatured alcohol. Certainly not a big deal and is easy and quick to do.

I really like the carbtune pro, I may need to clean it now though Dann-o, thanks for the heads up.
Easy to use and accurate, not too expensive.
Steve-o

I've tried most options, from Mercury Manometers, Gauges etc. I really like the Carbtune for simplicity....

Thanks Dan-o, I'd never cleaned mine so far but I might take a look at it :) I guess it hasn't seen much use since I sold my '86 and I'm still waiting for the '00 (!)

if you dont have vboost butterflies installed(ie a stg 7 with the tubes) you will need to add them to help sync or get a weber that you put ontop of each carb to sync it.

#1 on Carbtune pro, I got mine a few years ago and it took about 10-12 days to get here.......

I really like the carbtune pro, I may need to clean it now though Dann-o, thanks for the heads up.
Easy to use and accurate, not too expensive.
Steve-o

Thanks Dan-o, I'd never cleaned mine so far but I might take a look at it :) I guess it hasn't seen much use since I sold my '86 and I'm still waiting for the '00 (!)

I had to do mine twice so far....a couple of the rods were sticking a little bit....cleaned per instructions and they bounce like they should. :th_SmileyBoobs: :clapping:
You guys with the Stg. 7's, finding some v-boost valves is really your best bet, much less messing around....imo. :punk:

+ to danny's comment you get that vboost sensation back again :punk::punk:

Back