T-Boost VS V-Boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcoh4424

Reaction score
i need to replace my v-boost on my bike. i used to have it wired open but i like the

v boost kick. i think i need the little black box behind the left scoop. Should i buy a

new v boost or could i just go with a t boost instead? ive heard rumors of

problems with t boost but having it kick in at 3K sounds a lot more appealing 6k.

anybody have experience with t boost or have any have either boosts for sale?

which one is better?:ummm:

You need the vboost box whether you do tboost or not.

Having the boost kick in at 3000 seams a little useless. that's right at cruising speed. It'll eat gas for little reason most of the time. I'd rather do a Sasy and set it at 4500. You can get to that pretty fast passing when passing but not be there all the time. The sasy also has a shift light and rev limiter....

Just My Thoughts,

I integrated my switch so I can choose to flip it when I want the extra power at 3K or flip it back to go back to 6K... the whole unit was less than 30 dollars if I recall and installation was a snap...... love mine ...

If you have to but the v-boost controller, micromachines has a replacement that is adjustable and is way cheaper than the oem controller. I have one and like mine set at 3500 and with carbs jetted right I normally 112 to 118 miles to the fuel light comes on.

Rhoy's sounds like the best option. You do need a Vboost controller (box under left scoop) for it to work.

I tried Tboost it did not work for me - I think because I am running COPs instead of OEM coils and it does not like them.

Mine has a little switch where the ignition would be, but on the left side of the bike. Down for 6k, up for 3k, and center for off. 99% of the time I leave it at 6k. Only set it to 3k when riding in super hooligan mode on the highway, but typically then I'm usually in stock vboost range most of the time anyway. 6000RPM with the venture diff in 5th is about 105mph.... haulin' ass and burning gas at an ungodly rate.

ive run with vboost and straight stage 7 with manifolds..I also have run downdraft carbs with absolutely no drop in gas mileage ..So using the vboost really does nothing for gas mileage ...Ive had 5 maxes and my newest project with vgas and direct manifolds gets an easy 100 miles to the tank sometimes 110..

and noooo its not running lean I have it pretty on target..

I have only had my max for a little over a month and haven't got that many miles on it but i just put a t-boost on today. i have to say i like it. at 3k it has better pick for cruzin to passing and you have the off switch witch i think will be great if i get cought in the rain or i have my chicken shit girl on the back she hates it when the v boost kicks in.

I've only ridden mine about 30 miles and I can honestly not tell when the v-boost comes on. It has a switchable t-boost and have tried it in all three positions. Is it that big of a boost or does maybe mine not work? (I know the v-boost thing works because it makes that noise when I turn the engine switch on.) If th t-boost is somehow stuck in the off position is it possible that it would not come on at all?

Check the wiring installation. I have T-boost I got like 6 years ago and it works fine everytime... If you don't have the wiring diagram i think you can reach Tyler Pennock from VMOA if im not mistaken and still remember the name right... Go on the VMOAtech group on Yahoo. But you should already know that, you probably bought it from him...

rev the engine and have someone look between the manifolds should see it start to open. its not crazy, as i expected a lot more too, but is much more noticable if you rev the bike up slowly.

rev the engine and have someone look between the manifolds should see it start to open. its not crazy, as i expected a lot more too, but is much more noticable if you rev the bike up slowly.
I'll try it some more when the weather gets better. I bought it at the end of October, rode it home 20 miles, started raining the last 2 miles and it hasn't stopped raining since...except one day when it was dry and 36 degrees I went for a short, cold ride...

Back