Tach redlines after heavy rain

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordofwyr

Reaction score
Ok, I don't ride in the rain if I can help it, but my 99 Max had a Texas Frog Floater of a rain descind upon it one afternoon.

When I fired her up to head off, the Tach redlined. It was obviously an electrical issue and did not affect the engine or Vboost as far as I could tell. When it dried completely a day later everything was fine.

Any suggestions as to whether this would be something in the instrument cluster or some other location?

Anyone else ever experience this?

Just wondering before I start pulling things apart.
:ummm:

I remove the tachometer and make sure the wires are secure/clean/dry. Also check and make sure housing isn't cracked allowing water in there. There are two connectors for the cluster, check those over and insulate them while you're at it.

Mark

Are you sure you weren't spinning your back tire, doing a monster burn out?? :punk: :smileystooges:

Are you sure you weren't spinning your back tire, doing a monster burn out?? :punk: :smileystooges:

I remember when I first got my vmax.I thought for sure that the clutch was slipping all the time.Took me awhile to figure out just how easy it was to burn the bias tire.The H2 I had before that would not burn tire at all,it just wheelied.

Back