Tank bags any suggestions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions on tank bags that you guys are running. I don't want anything huge, big enough to put some gloves , cell phone, and my Ipod in. Any suggestions would be awesome

Thanks G:worthy:

I like the Cortec's G. They might be gigger than what you want and the lights have to be moved. Someone just gave me the 3rd piece that clips in to the side two. I like them a lot.
I can send you a pic if your considering.(side note-cops still running perfect w your harness)
Steve-o

I have a Nelson Rigg that they customized for me. They reduced the size of the magnetic foot print, it fits the coweling perfectly and is expandable to hold as little, or a little more if needed. Fully expanded you can not see the tach, but the tach is pretty hard to see anyway. My guess, you call them and order one direct with the modification. I sent a layout of the magnets via fax.

Last edited:
I can recommend the Joe Rocket Manta. I have the Manta XL (Dimensions: 14?(L) x 10?(W) x 7.5?(H)) but they make a smaller one called the Manta (Dimensions: 13?(L) x 7.5?(W) x 4.5?(H)), both are magnetic mount.
If you look at the pictures and see the tail and side flaps (they contain magnets) I tuck them into the bag and only use the side flaps if I'm running triple digits or on a long trip. The three magnets in the main body work fine for regular everyday use.
I also saw this mini bag by Cortech that might fit your needs. http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts.../super_mini_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

+1 on the Joe Rocket Manta XL.................Wildman98 has one too...........They look great on the Max, plenty of room and hold tight at any speed!................Don't ask how I know this.............:biglaugh:.............Tom.

Last edited:
I can recommend the Joe Rocket Manta. I have the Manta XL (Dimensions: 14?(L) x 10?(W) x 7.5?(H)) but they make a smaller one called the Manta (Dimensions: 13?(L) x 7.5?(W) x 4.5?(H)), both are magnetic mount.
If you look at the pictures and see the tail and side flaps (they contain magnets) I tuck them into the bag and only use the side flaps if I'm running triple digits or on a long trip. The three magnets in the main body work fine for regular everyday use.
I also saw this mini bag by Cortech that might fit your needs. http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts.../super_mini_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: out of control! I bought a Cortech mini and a Manta XL SHHHHHHHHHHHHUsh don't tell my wife! Funny I was looking at both of them!

G

Saddlemen has a couple of tank bags actually pictured on a Gen 1 Max. Looking at getting one of them.

I have one. What kind is it? I don't know. Doesn't matter. It has a clear plastic pouch on top for map or GPS. Holds camara, wallet, glasses,.38, enough stuff. I added an extra strap so no one can walk off with it. Attaches under the faux cover.
Dave

Back