Tank cover/bra

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birchwood85

Reaction score
I am looking for a little paint protection since I have noticed on a few short rides that the clear gets scuffed riding. Any ideas? Thanks.

I am looking for a little paint protection since I have noticed on a few short rides that the clear gets scuffed riding. Any ideas? Thanks.

Take it to your graphics shop that does vinyl wraps. get the glossy clear.

Up here they don't put chemicals on the roads they use pea gravel. the wrap protects it 110% and it can be removed without paint damage.

If the wrap gets a little scuffed of dull, simply take a heat gun on low or a hair dryer on high and go over it...voila! good as new.

I had this done on 2 of my vehicles and know of many others, its a great thing to do if your worried about scuffs and chips. (dosn't stop dents)

http://www.autotrimdesignalaska.com/durashield.html

Take it to your graphics shop that does vinyl wraps. get the glossy clear.

Up here they don't put chemicals on the roads they use pea gravel. the wrap protects it 110% and it can be removed without paint damage.

If the wrap gets a little scuffed of dull, simply take a heat gun on low or a hair dryer on high and go over it...voila! good as new.

I had this done on 2 of my vehicles and know of many others, its a great thing to do if your worried about scuffs and chips. (dosn't stop dents)

http://www.autotrimdesignalaska.com/durashield.html

This sounds like the way to go KJ, I'm having a little trouble finding someone around here, but there's gotta be one somewhere.

What kind of $'s for a belly pan and faux? Roughly.

This sounds like the way to go KJ, I'm having a little trouble finding someone around here, but there's gotta be one somewhere.

What kind of $'s for a belly pan and faux? Roughly.

I haven't done the bike yet, only the truck and the T-bird.

my faux tank ran me $125 for the graphic wrap. if my memory serves me I think the shop said it was going to be $130 to clear wrap the bellypan and the faux tank.

That is pretty much what I wanted. Now is that a clear vinyl that it is made out of?What exactly do they call it in case I missed it? Do you have a picture of yours? Seems like my belt buckle rides right on the edge of the tank and I know over time its gonna look like crap in that one area. I was hoping that there was something like you mentioned out there cause I did not like idea of a bra. Thanks for the idea!

Thanks thats what I was looking for and will be looking around to see if I can buy some locally. Thanks again!!!:clapping:

Not sure a bra (bro) will help you with belt buckle scratches, maybe a girdle tho?

Red

Not sure a bra (bro) will help you with belt buckle scratches, maybe a girdle tho?

Red

That might be just the thing, can you tell me where you got yours and do they have any color other then the pink one you have....lol...:rofl_200:
I just had too!!!!:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back