Tank Mod! Unique!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think exactrep sells a very similar modification. We had considered making a fake rear seat (or one with thin material) as an aux tank. Haven't needed one yet though.

Sean

i bet you guys could build something nice that goes with your extended arm tank!

I'm going to install this one on my ride. It?s ugly but gives me more 37 miles and 1.32 gal... :(

EDIT: HERE IT GOES!! Finally...

Attachments

• Tanque%20Lateral%20%28Preto%29%20limpoPP.jpg
    Tanque%20Lateral%20%28Preto%29%20limpoPP.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
On back, near the sissybar, left side. Planning to install it with only... hope It works.
The fuel line should go on a "T" valve right before fuel pump.

interesting will be interesting to see how it turns out.

On back, near the sissybar, left side. Planning to install it with only... hope It works.
The fuel line should go on a "T" valve right before fuel pump.
Does the tank have a filter on it? If it doesn't have a filter you may want to tee it in just before the filter. Don't want any particles getting into the carbs and raising havoc.

Does the tank have a filter on it? If it doesn't have a filter you may want to tee it in just before the filter. Don't want any particles getting into the carbs and raising havoc.

Good hint. I'll probably put another filter in it... just in case.

Thanks!

" I just need to find a rubber piece or something along those lines to pt around the edges and complete the look a little."

Try the plumbing aisle in the big box store, look for the 'no-hub' rubber gasket double hoseclamp/corrugated steel(aluminum?) fittings and try to match-up something about the same size or larger, such-that it would fit in the space between the perf. mounting ring & the body piece/fender. You are only going to be using the rubber, obviously, and cut-down. Or, look for a large diameter o-ring. A transmission shop might have something that size, or a truck repair facility.

An alternative would be to go to an upholstery shop and have them use some of their closed cell or solid plastic foam they use to make 'piping' on furniture, and have them 'sleeve' it for you, and then cut wedges in the material outside of where the fabric covers the piping, and contact-cement it in-place.

" I just need to find a rubber piece or something along those lines to pt around the edges and complete the look a little."

Try the plumbing aisle in the big box store, look for the 'no-hub' rubber gasket double hoseclamp/corrugated steel(aluminum?) fittings and try to match-up something about the same size or larger, such-that it would fit in the space between the perf. mounting ring & the body piece/fender. You are only going to be using the rubber, obviously, and cut-down. Or, look for a large diameter o-ring. A transmission shop might have something that size, or a truck repair facility.

An alternative would be to go to an upholstery shop and have them use some of their closed cell or solid plastic foam they use to make 'piping' on furniture, and have them 'sleeve' it for you, and then cut wedges in the material outside of where the fabric covers the piping, and contact-cement it in-place.

Thank you very much for those tips! Sounds like a good project for this weekend!

Latest posts

Back