Thanks Rusty for the great job of polishing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alorio1

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Rusty here on the forum for the outstanding work he did polishing my parts on my old 85, all original except for paint, one owner bike, which will probably end up in a friends private collection of cars soon. The finished parts on the bike really does not do the polished parts justice because I took the pic with my Iphone. I wished I had taken a before and after photo but just didn't think about doing it. Rusty polished both sets of carb covers off my 85 and 04 Max. Thanks again Rusty for all the hard work and effort that went into getting the bike in show condition.........Joe

Attachments

• fork brace.jpg
    fork brace.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 41
  • carb covers.jpg
    carb covers.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 46
  • polished parts.jpg
    polished parts.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 49
  • finished with parts on.jpg
    finished with parts on.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 47
  • garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 43
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 41
Nice! Looks very nice! Might need to get him to hook me up! I could use some polishing on some misc. parts.

No, sorry donnelly, It's my friends garage, the one who is interested in my old 85. We were both raised on the poor side of town and I would pick him up every morning on the way to school. At that time I had just bought a 1965 Honda CB160 that was white. When I bought my Vmax he suggested I paint it white and he would pay for it. I took the parts to him and he sent it to his painter and paid to have all the parts painted. That is why my bike will probably end up in his garage. He has quiet a few rare restored cars and he wants the bike to go in his collection. He knows it's capable of turning in the 10's because he went with me to the strip the first and only time the bike was every ran on a drag strip. Here is a few more photos of his Man Cave, my wife does not know how to capture a Kodak moment, so I have to apologize for poor photos....Joe

Attachments

• 37 Pachard.jpg
    37 Pachard.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 37 Pachard2.jpg
    37 Pachard2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 15
  • 37PACKARD.jpg
    37PACKARD.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 53 HUDSON HORNET.jpg
    53 HUDSON HORNET.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 53HORNET.jpg
    53HORNET.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 57 chevy 3.jpg
    57 chevy 3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 57 chevy with 2 4 barrels.jpg
    57 chevy with 2 4 barrels.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 16
  • 57CHEVY.jpg
    57CHEVY.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 62 Chevy.jpg
    62 Chevy.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 15
  • ATTENDANT OF GARAGE.jpg
    ATTENDANT OF GARAGE.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 17
  • FORD TRUCK.jpg
    FORD TRUCK.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 16
  • FORD TRUCK2.jpg
    FORD TRUCK2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DOOR GREETER.jpg
    DOOR GREETER.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 53 HUDSON HORNET WITH TWIN ONE BARREL CARBS CHARGERS.jpg
    53 HUDSON HORNET WITH TWIN ONE BARREL CARBS CHARGERS.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Suave Cowboy,

Rusty can make parts look better than new in my opinion. Anyone needing parts polished to a mirror,chrome like finish, contact Rusty here on the forum. He's very reasonable and usually gets your parts back in the mail very fast. Here is a link to his profile pg if anyone needs parts polished.......

http://www.vmaxforum.net/member.php?u=985

Yup I've done mine for a year now. I like it a lot of work but I loved the polished aluminum over chrome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Better pic of the fork brace, risner and a before and after shot of blinker light bracket....awesome finish, I think he does it in a 3 step polish method.

Attachments

• Fork brace.jpg
    Fork brace.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Risner and clamp.jpg
    Risner and clamp.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Blinker light bracket before polishing.jpg
    Blinker light bracket before polishing.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Blinker light after.jpg
    Blinker light after.jpg