Thanks to 06VMAXIMUS and Marks for my exhaust.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evenhanded

Reaction score
First of all I would like to thank Bob, 06VMAXIMUS for ?helping? me with the exhaust. When I say I ?help? what I really mean is Bob doing 99.9% of the work while showing me how along the way, lol. He really put every effort into making my bike run and sound great and it does. He?s a great guy and I?m glad I found this forum so I could meet him. Dealing with Mark was also great ? really cool, informative and most importantly he?s got a great product. The exhaust looks great, sounds amazing and it feels a lot more responsive. Low end feels really beefed up as does mid-range; top end feels good. I went with the 12? cans and 2.5? openings and it is loud but not obnoxiously so. I mean I have to be careful coming and going on my block but not terribly. I had been considering going with an even larger opening but I am very glad I didn?t. While I may have appreciated it at low speeds I don?t think I would have liked it to be any louder at highway speeds. I think this is a big difference between the Harleys I?ve had and this bike/pipes. The Harleys were about as loud at idle and under acceleration but at hwy speeds seemed to soften a bit. These Marks start hard and stay there. Anyway thumbs way up to Bob and to Mark and thank you again.

Every indication points to Mark's Exhaust being in my future. I want to do the O-Ring Mod at the same time. Any chance you can do a sound file with the recorder on the bike?

Congrats from Florida,

First of all I would like to thank Bob, 06VMAXIMUS for ?helping? me with the exhaust. When I say I ?help? what I really mean is Bob doing 99.9% of the work while showing me how along the way, lol. He really put every effort into making my bike run and sound great and it does. He?s a great guy and I?m glad I found this forum so I could meet him. Dealing with Mark was also great ? really cool, informative and most importantly he?s got a great product. The exhaust looks great, sounds amazing and it feels a lot more responsive. Low end feels really beefed up as does mid-range; top end feels good. I went with the 12? cans and 2.5? openings and it is loud but not obnoxiously so. I mean I have to be careful coming and going on my block but not terribly. I had been considering going with an even larger opening but I am very glad I didn?t. While I may have appreciated it at low speeds I don?t think I would have liked it to be any louder at highway speeds. I think this is a big difference between the Harleys I?ve had and this bike/pipes. The Harleys were about as loud at idle and under acceleration but at hwy speeds seemed to soften a bit. These Marks start hard and stay there. Anyway thumbs way up to Bob and to Mark and thank you again.

Thats the same setup I had and I really loved the sound of them with the 2.5" outlets.

I went with the 12"/ 2.25" set-up and I'm happy but if I did it again I would opt for the 2.5" openings.
Probably not a lot of difference between the two in sound but I think the 2.5" looks a little more impressive.:confused2:

Not a problem, Rob! It was fun installing the exhaust, and tuning the carbs...even with the massive hangover I had from the previous nights escapade at our towns local "festival"! I was glad to help get your system on, but after hearing those cans, I am gonna call and see how much Mark wants for the shorties! My 14" with 2" openings sounds like a mouse!!

I have a set of 14" can for sale, you could cut them down to whatever size you want... look in the buy and sell section if interested

Latest posts

Back