The main problem with modding the VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
I have done a few things to my VMAX(not like some of you crazy fools lol) but nobody who doesnt own a VMAX even notices lol. I was even parked next my budy on his 100% stock 07 and a guy says you guys have the exact same bike. I said yes but I have a couple grand of goodies. I guess technicly they are the same. Not enough educated VMAX people out there. But I still won't stop :biglaugh:

Who cares if they notice! If they ask I will point out what I've done but other than that the modding is done to make Redbone how I want to look.
When I start it up and take off they'll understand that it is not stock!:punk:
I'm sure that I'll stop at some point.
Y E A H R I G H T ! ! !

no body knows what the hell kinda bike I have. I had someone ask me if it was a BMW. No kidding.

I will have close to 20k in my bike by this summer and #1 and this is what pushes me its no cookie cutter bike, I didnt spend 20k and drive off the show room floor. You will never see another vmax just like mine, its my bike modified by me for me. Thats what i love about the vmax if you look at the owners bike close enough it will tell his or her personality. JIM

Most people don't even know what we drive....how the heck will they know if it's stock or not! :biglaugh:

A guy walked up to me on the street and started talking about how he had saved up just about enough money to get a motorcycle and he wanted one of those....as he pointed to my '99.

Then he says, what kind is that anyway? I go, aaaaa it's a Yamaha, he says those are good ones aren't they, I say yeah, they're good ones.

You just can't expect much out of the run of the mill civilian! :rofl_200:

You guys are right I did do this for myself but it is just kind of funny. For a Motorcyle that has been around since 1985 people still dont know what they are.

Mine doesn't have a single Yamaha emblem left on it. It just says Vmax on the M/C covers and on the muscle corbin seat.

When I get ask, I say it's a CheVeeFour.

"Wot, you didn't hear about that? In the mid-80s Chevrolet cut a bunch of their V8s in half and put them in bikes. You never knew? Oh wow.." :rofl_200: :biglaugh: :eusa_dance: :clapping: :rofl_200:

Dont worry...I have people ask me what kinda bike it is and I repond "V-Max" wich always results in them saying " Yeah thats what I thought it was!"

Right...you knew and THATS why you asked? Or is it because the only F***** thing thats still stock on the bike is the scoops and tank and they kinda looked like somthing you sorta thought you mighta possibly recognised?

People will never know what it is and if they DO KNOW they wont know enought to know yours is modified...It comes with the territory

It's mainly because the Vmax is such a unique bike on it's own. The person I ride with most often bought a M109 in "metallic traffic cone"....it's bright orange, and has tons of chrome stuff all over it. He's polite, but never hesitates to inform people about it's custom mirrors and aftermarket exhaust, ect. Inevitably the engine comes up, and everyone is always amazed that it's an 1800cc, and says stuff like "wow that thing must fly" or just recently "looks like something from the Jetsons".

One time somebody came up to be (my Max and his 109 were parked next to each other) while my friend was chatting up somebody else. Said "that Suzuki's a nice bike, but I bet your Max is faster, right?" I told him "yep, but don't tell Ken(my friend) that".

Back