"The MAN" got me today!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Long story short my brother hasn't had a car in YEARS so he rides his bike everywhere in every weather. Over the weekend I bought him a $300 truck that was just shy of running and parked it in front of my house so I could get enough man power to push it up my steep driveway.

I got home this afternoon from working on my mothers truck and my $300 truck had been TOWED by the Sherriffs department for bad reg!:bang head:

Now I can't afford to get it out cause they want $668 for registration,200 for the tow,and $50 a day they have it! After 3 days they put a lien on it!
I know I shoulda found a way to keep it off the street but this is fucked up! I've only had it since Sunday!

And cops wonder why not everyone has such a good outlook on them?! I'm tryin to keep my brother out of the rain with every fuckin penny I could spare and they try to nail me to the wall for it?
Welcome to the USA...I hope sombody does somthin real bad to him today!

Comifornia is still part of the USA????:ummm: Couldn't Resist, Just Joking..:rofl_200:
Sounds like the Cops here. No good deed goes unpunished.... I got pulled
a few weeks ago, Cop just wanted to ask if I had a Viper Engine in my truck,
Lame..........

That's a bunch of bullschnitz! Sounds like someone must have been complaining about it to the cops...like a neighbor? You would think they would just give you a warning and tell you to move it within 24 hours or something.

I thought the same thing but I'm cool with all my neighbors and it was only there for a total of 3 days! I was trying to move it today but it was gone when I got home to do it... Yup beloved Califucked-ya

That's a bunch of bullschnitz! Sounds like someone must have been complaining about it to the cops...like a neighbor?

Thats what I'm thinking. Neighbors can smile at you one minute then be a total prick the next.

Here is a good jumping point. call up the people, don't be a dick, but don't play stupid either, cause then they'll just pull the "ignorance of the law is no excuse" routine.

There are some wierd laws in Cali on parking. from what I looked at this one jumped out. There are certain holiday exceptions on parking. Being we just got out of the 4th of july that might be a avenue to take.

The other is the day you aquired the truck. Hopfully you got a dated bill of sale. No DMV is going to be open on a national holiday. So there is the yanked it before you had a chance to register it and therefore should not be responcible for the previous owner's actions.

Towing companies can't enforce the parking down there, so there had to be a request given. Being you have the right to face your accuser find out who actually gave the order and why.

The strongest argument is that you bought the truck over a holiday weekend and never had the chance to get the paperwork in order and was in the process of makeing arrangements to move it in the driveway when it was towed.

Just got off the phone, have a badge number but I'm not ganna file a complaint for a guy doin his job, that's just chasing my tail...they told me take it up with tow company, tow company just wants their cash and says a get it when I supply thf paper to do so.

Dude you got hosed. Helping your brother was admirable but leaving the car exposed was not wise. At best the towing company might waive a day or two but you're still looking at nine bills for a three hundred truck!

Been there.

Just got off the phone, have a badge number but I'm not ganna file a complaint for a guy doin his job, that's just chasing my tail...they told me take it up with tow company, tow company just wants their cash and says a get it when I supply thf paper to do so.

One thing about California, They had some great preditory towing laws. Look into them and arm yourself with some knowledge then call the company.

I thought renewals were on hold for a couple of months since fees were supposed to go down July 1st. Our comrade and chief wants a special election to raise taxes and they are waiting on registrations. Nobody is supposed to be ticketed. I'd call around and find out what's up with that.

Thinkin this is a lost battle, shame on me for the 2 days it was on the street but really...what's this world coming too?!

Make an appointment to talk to the mayor. Plead your case to him and mention how you and your whole family and friends that you know supported him in the last election and planning on doing the same on the next mayor's race. Politicians love doing good deeds for large family's with a lot of friends that are followers that he thinks he will pick up a little bundle of votes in your area. Ask him when he's going to start hanging signs in yards so you can get on the list along with your family and friends, you might just score a home run with the mayor and get some help. It always works for me..........

Bring that same vehicle to Missouri, park it on the street for two days. When you get home, you'd have two deputy Sheriffs, one county Judge and about 4-5 other neighbors all standing around it trying to assist you in getting it up the driveway, then staying for the BBQ after you all got it running again.

happened to my friend, some guy returned a chevelle he couldnt pay for and left it in the street outside of his house, cops came and got it for not having a plate

Welcome to the USA...I hope sombody does somthin real bad to him today!

I REALLY hope you don't mean the cop... That's a pretty mean thing to say. They are out there doing their job. Sure, he could have let it go, but when do you stop? You know what you did was illegal right? The only one to blame is YOURSELF!

I'm not trying to be an ass... That comment you said was just plain wrong though.

Chris

Bring that same vehicle to Missouri, park it on the street for two days. When you get home, you'd have two deputy Sheriffs, one county Judge and about 4-5 other neighbors all standing around it trying to assist you in getting it up the driveway, then staying for the BBQ after you all got it running again.
Pretty much the same thing in North Dakota, except they would also be telling you you should get some good snow tires and sandbags in the bed for traction. ( Never mind that it is July :) )

Neighbors can be like that....you think you're friendly with them, but then you do something that just rubs them the wrong way and they "turn" on you. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the $300 truck wasn't exactly in pristine condition, in fact, it was probably a total heap that some would classify as an "eyesore". Some prick with nothing better to do noticed it, called it in as an "abandoned" vehicle because it didn't have tags and had been there for more than xx hours, whatever the cutoff is.

I've been tangled up in the legal system red tape. They don't want to hear your justification or excuse, even if it's totally valid. They want your $$$$ and nothing more. Don't even bother trying to explain about the holiday weekend, they don't care. They'll say you should have had arrangements to park it privately until tags could be obtained.

The towed vehicle is a total cash cow for cities. They bang you for the tags, the tow company hits you up for dragging it away, then they bang you every day you don't cough up their ultra high fees to get it back. Since towed cars are usually not worth much, it ends up being a clusterfuck for the owner since as you found you have to pay far more than the car's worth to get it back and avoid leins and who knows what other legal bullshit.

Back