Thinking about a ZRX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I love my 89 solo max I put together but I think its gonna be on the market soon. I think I am gonna get rid of 2 of the Max's & look for another Goldwing for Christine & I & a ZRX for me to play on & keep her 85 when I want attention & every one to hear the rumble. CAll me crazy I will probably always end up with more than one max at a time but this is my plan for now.

Kyle, you been drinkin that Flavored Liqueur AGAIN????????????:ummm::confused2::ummm:

Kyle, you been drinkin that Flavored Liqueur AGAIN????????????:ummm::confused2::ummm:
LOL ! No I had real Rum this time. I really want something else with saddlebags & trunk. I do a lot of running chasing parts & could save my self a lot of fuel & still get to ride. I also want to take some road trips again & have owned 4 Wings already I know there great. I also know you can drag all the floorboards off & they will still do wheelies.:rofl_200:

Zrx is a great bike, it's a completely different animal than a vmax. I have a buddy who makes alot of light weight and performance zrx stuff. He has managed to get about 100 lb off factory weight and cranked up the hp too. His zrx power to weight ratio is stupid good! If you get a zrx and you want it to be the hot rod zrx talk to pete @ expensivelightweightstuff.com pete is basically the Sean morely of planet zrx.

Zrx is a great bike, it's a completely different animal than a vmax. I have a buddy who makes alot of light weight and performance zrx stuff. He has managed to get about 100 lb off factory weight and cranked up the hp too. His zrx power to weight ratio is stupid good! If you get a zrx and you want it to be the hot rod zrx talk to pete @ expensivelightweightstuff.com pete is basically the Sean morely of planet zrx.
Thanks ! I used to ride my brothers all the time & my roommate also had one my brother's was the 1100 & my room mates was the 1200 both ran pretty good & deffinately out handleed the max. When I was in Houston there was an 1100 that rode in at the drag strip all the time & ran 9.90's all night It was not stock but dependable. Who knows if this plan will all come togather or not but hey if I can have a Max a ZRX and a Wing it would be great & a nice little variety.

You may also want to consider a ZL1000 eliminator, it's more like a ' max than a zrx. Basically another high performance cruiser. A one year bike(87) bad to the bone off the line, 5 gal tank for the road trips, zx1000 motor tuned for stronger mid and low power, max will prolly take it in the 1/4 mile but would make for a great race...zrx is a great bike that falls somewhere between sportbike and standard... ZL1000 is simply a bad azz HP cruiser like the max

You may also want to consider a ZL1000 eliminator, it's more like a ' max than a zrx. Basically another high performance cruiser. A one year bike(87) bad to the bone off the line, 5 gal tank for the road trips, zx1000 motor tuned for stronger mid and low power, max will prolly take it in the 1/4 mile but would make for a great race...zrx is a great bike that falls somewhere between sportbike and standard... ZL1000 is simply a bad azz HP cruiser like the max
I have been looking at the ZL 900 & The 1000 a lot lately. I really like them

go for the zrx 1200 my friend has an 02 with 80k on it runs great put a kerker on it to.

Captn' Kyle

I currently have a ZL 900 & a ZL 1000. Have also done a couple of zl9 projects that have gone to new homes, desert refugee has one.. Personally I prefer the ZL 1000 to the 900. But seems like most ZL guys are into the 900. I've done 5 ZL builds so far and I'm currently on my second vmax, with the next potential project
Max in the works. Zl900 or zl1000 either one will be a nice bike to have next to a vmax in the garage..If you decide to consider a ZL let me know

Captn' Kyle

I currently have a ZL 900 & a ZL 1000. Have also done a couple of zl9 projects that have gone to new homes, desert refugee has one.. Personally I prefer the ZL 1000 to the 900. But seems like most ZL guys are into the 900. I've done 5 ZL builds so far and I'm currently on my second vmax, with the next potential project
Max in the works. Zl900 or zl1000 either one will be a nice bike to have next to a vmax in the garage..If you decide to consider a ZL let me know
Thanks I will let you know. I have so many projects it will be a bit before I get around to doing anything. I am headed to the other coast tomorrow to pick up another Vmax.

Well I love my 89 solo max I put together but I think its gonna be on the market soon. I think I am gonna get rid of 2 of the Max's & look for another Goldwing for Christine & I & a ZRX for me to play on & keep her 85 when I want attention & every one to hear the rumble. CAll me crazy I will probably always end up with more than one max at a time but this is my plan for now.

Hey Kyle........I'm willing to bet you'll be happy with a ZRX. My buddy's got one (rode with us just yesterday) and they are beautiful machines. And damn quick too!!

Hey Kyle........I'm willing to bet you'll be happy with a ZRX. My buddy's got one (rode with us just yesterday) and they are beautiful machines. And damn quick too!!
Yeah I liked my brothers when I rode it. I think he still has it but it needs some work. I might can make a deal with him & have me a little project. His is the 11 & I really wanted a 12 if I get one. We will play it by ear & see what happens.

I have one, have had it for about 7 years. Nearly 30k on it. Don't ride it as much as I used to since I have the KLR650 as a daily driver and the Vmax as a putt-putt bike, but I do appreciate it for what it is even more now that I have both other bikes to ride.

Handles great, reliable as the sunrise, low maintenance, cheap/easy to upgrade. I've done a full GMD computrack suspension upgrade valved/sprung to my weight, that really let it shine. Galfer braided lines front and back along with Galfer Greens up front make the brakes the best I've ever ridden. About to put on Pods and Ivan's 3.0 kit with a full muzzy and "battery out" kit. After that, a steering damper and I'll call it a day.

I've instructed trackdays on it and found it to be plenty quick even at a track like Loudon. It's no lightweight, but feels so compared to the Max. I have the Corbin GFL on it which is WAY better than the stocker.

Latest posts

Back