This is why I don't trust anything on my bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMaxx

Reaction score
I noticed the engine guards are starting to rust a bit...and realized they were installed on the wrong side! They're actually contacting the engine mount bolt....gotta love previous owner work.

The bottom of the engine mount bolt has a nice shiny spot from constantly vibrating against the guard....I wonder if I'll get less handle bar vibration now that I fixed it

LOL, that's ridiculous.
I never had any instructions with mine BUT I do have some common sense. ;)

That's gotta be the funniest pic .... Did he ever wonder why they didn't look like any other vmax guards lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet he's dying to play with your carbs. No! I won't let a shop even change my tires. It's a minor pia, but I don't have to worry about getting my wheels all dinged up by some hacker that could care less about what he's doing. Like get a wheel lined with weights because the tire didn't get positioned right on the wheel. "Just say no" Do everything you can yourself, and ask for help if you need it.

not to change the subject too much, I do think the way he mounted your guards is kinda funny, but I don't see any oil in your sight glass ?? idk if there's a good reason for that but just thought I would point that out so you don't have any other issues

Don't worry, there's definitely oil in it haha. Very observant though. It's at the top line when the bike is level.
After cleaning the pilot jets and getting the mixture right, the bike runs awesome now. Throttle response and low end power is way better.

Back