Throttle Bodies VMAX EFI

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOVMAX

Reaction score
The GSXR throttle bodies have arrived, here are some pics. The sets should be a 1000, 750 and 600. The two larger sets are dimensionally the same. The good news is the center distances are the same, be it a 600 or 1000. That will make it easy to respace the bodies. The same details will work on all three sets. I've begun modifying them and will post pics by weeks end. Mark... please take a look at these and maybe ID the top two sets. The only marking I have to go by is the 600 set. Did they use the same throttle body diameter's for the 750 and 1000?

GSXR 1.jpg

GSXR 2.jpg

GSXR 3.jpg

Gary,

You mean the top two sets both have 42mm ID? He may have sent two sets of 1000's. Can't tell from anything external. They all use the same injectors. The secondary throttle blade controller is different on the two sets, but i believe they changed based on year, not bike size. I think the 00-01's had one type and the 02-03's had another. No help there.

Here are some pictures from Luca who lives in Italy. Luca and his friend Fabio are currently working on an VMAX EFI project in Itay. Hope they share their work with the group as they progress. Check out that transition from oval port to round. Luca is making the throttle bodies from scratch. :clapping:

Luca 1.jpg
Luca 2.jpg

Luca 3.jpg
Luca 4.jpg

Luca 5.jpg

Bravo! Luca

That is some nice work from scratch.. Its something about seeing billet aluminum that gets me excited like seeing a nice pair of breasts:eusa_dance:

Here is a progression pic of the TB's Luca is making. Very nice...

Attachments

• 6-vi.jpg
    6-vi.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 177
Update

Did some more searching on proper throttle body size and found this interesting read. There's a very good explanation of the oval intake port of the head. The Vmax port is 30 X 40 mm. Still working at getting the bodies mounted up. Here's the doc :

Attachments

• Throttle body size explained.doc
    31 KB · Views: 93
Hello guys, my name is Fabio... Luca's partner in this adventure!
I would like to say thanks to Mark and Gary for their help and to all of you for the compliments!
The polls are closed, but I want to say that personally I do not think (now) is a good idea keep the V-Boost... There are already too many variables and we do not have enough experience to be able to complete the enterprise. I think is better to proceed by steps.

We would like manage entire engine (ignition & injection) by the same Unit and same software, but I'm a bit doubtful... our motor has really the ignition too particular? :bang head:

See ya...

Thanks Redbone...
We are busy to obtain code that will manages ignition and injection.
We hope that James can help us!
...otherwise would be a half work :puke:

Hi gleno!
Thank you so much... Luca is so BRAVO :eusa_dance:
and I'm very happy that he is him who is building our mechanical part of the project!

uhhh you are from Australia? You know, I love OZ!
Where do you live exactly?
Four years ago I made a round the world alone and I traveled from Perth, all west coast, north, all east coast, to Melbourne, in two month... by car with my new friends known in Perth... and by bus alone (wonderful Great Ocean Road!!!).
I have beautiful memories...

See ya

Progress...

Task: Where and which direction? That may seem like an easy question, but it isn't.

Things to consider:

1. Ideal injector to valve relationship (closer the better)
2. Mount TB's with fuel rails side to side (as most I've seen done) or running along the length of the head (ideal in my mind... clean : )
3. Linkage arrangement

So the first thing to do was to get the bodies on the motor, then decide where to move them. Here's the first shot at getting them in there. Understand this was just a trial and things have moved since.

Proto 600 1.jpg

Proto 600 3.jpg

Proto 600 2.jpg

As you can see the TB inlet bores are way too close to one another but it's a place to start.

Sooo after much thought... way too many layouts and a lot a of machining. I have the final position. I will post pictures this coming weekend. Still more programing and machining to do. The bores have been spread apart (TB's closer to the head) and there is now room to mount just about any in-line TB out there. I will mount the 600's a nd the 1000's for now.

The 600's are a perfect match for the oval port of the VMAX. Here's some shots looking down the throat of the TB in the new position. Doesn't get any better than this. Check out that valve open shot. Like a baby bird's waiting for food from mama. :biglaugh:

Proto 600 6.jpg

Proto 600 7.jpg

Proto 600 8.jpg

Stay Tuned

WOW! Look'n good Gary. I think this will be a good setup. Kinda modular so that minimal things need to change to go from mild to wild on the TB sizing. And this using redily available TB's/injectors. It still blows me away that the GSXR600 oval ports match the V-max oval ports to a T. Can't wait to see the other parts yer working on!

I can't wait to see this thing come together! I wish I was closer to help out (and learn a thing or two as well).

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

:worthy:Wow is right. Nice work. Really nice.

I have a question/suggestion :ummm: and this may be a newbie type issue but I'll throw it out for discussion.

I noticed that the throttle body inlet adapter has an oval port that matches the oval port on the head of the V-max.

However, the oval port on the throttle body adapter does not match the circular round (?) of the throttle body.

When they are mated together incoming air flow will slam against the protruding edges of the throttle body inlet adapter and create back pressure or at least restriction of air flow.

Ideally, wouldn't the throttle body inlet adapters be making a transition from the circular round of the throttle body inlet side to the oval of the V-max inlet port :ummm:

:worthy:Wow is right. Nice work. Really nice.

I have a question/suggestion :ummm: and this may be a newbie type issue but I'll throw it out for discussion.

I noticed that the throttle body inlet adapter has an oval port that matches the oval port on the head of the V-max.

However, the oval port on the throttle body adapter does not match the circular round (?) of the throttle body.

When they are mated together incoming air flow will slam against the protruding edges of the throttle body inlet adapter and create back pressure or at least restriction of air flow.

Ideally, wouldn't the throttle body inlet adapters be making a transition from the circular round of the throttle body inlet side to the oval of the V-max inlet port :ummm:

Gleno,

Your very observant! The rubber manifold is where the transition from round to oval is. Just so happens that the GSXR600 has round TB's and the head has oval ports(the same exact size as the V-max). Thus my comment about being blow away that it happened to work out that way.
Gary is the one that found that out. I've been into NUMEROUS GSXR motors and never noticed the oval port, ofcourse i've never removed the manifolds. Always have left them on the heads.

Back